G120:can not deploy(?) code to G120

Hello to everybody,

first, please excude my limited english.

I am trying to start with an G120 (on Cobra2) and i am stopped at trying to program the module in the first tutorial. The module is not found from VS2010.

My settings :
VisualStudio2010 premium (german)
G120
CP7 (not connected)

I installed the latest .NetMicroframework ( SDK_4-4_QFE2 )
GHI NETMF v4.2 and .NET Gadgeteer Package 2013-02-14 ( see picture 006__ and 001__)
I updated sucessfully the G120 ( picture 002__ )
configuration tool can connect ( picture 003__ ) (LCD configuration is working, but I disconnected the LCD for the moment)

Ok, so I started with the first tutorial up to : GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software
VS2010 shows a “G120_G120” on USB ( picture 004__ )

But when pressing “F5” after some time I get the error message "Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:G120========== "
(picture 005__ )

So what I am doing wrong ??

Maybe there are some german speaking people here which can help me directly ?
(Ist Jemand hier der Deutsch spricht und mir helfen könnte, gerne auch im direkten Email-Kontakt : lodin_erikson (at) yahoo.de )

Thank you very much,
Lutz

Have been in the same situation several times, seems like the G120 is to bussy to answer but hit the reset and deploy again, works 10 out of 10 for me.

@ andre.m : Yes, I think so (picture 007__ )

@ David@ Emrol : Not for me :frowning:

OH NO ! SO SIMPLE !!

You must close the “GHI configuration tool” before using VS2010 !
“Disconnect” is not enough !!

After the “First Tutorial” I just tried the “CP7TouchDemo”, and its also working :slight_smile:

Thanks to everybody for listening !!

Hi,
I just got my new Copra II. I had some issues to deploy an application from Visual Studio 2010 after I made the firmware update with the new configuration tool GHI_NETMF_Configuration_Toolv003.exe. In Visual Studio I got the error message: Device not found or cannot be opened – USB:Gadgeteer.
I finally had success when I did the firmware update with the Version 4.2.9 Updater: Program Files\GHI Electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK\Firmware Update\G120Updater.exe when I set the option Set USB Friendly name to Gadgeteer(optional)
Regards
Roland