I’m currently developing a custom board and intend to use G120 module, looking at the Cobra II schematics, without actually owning one I’m not exactly sure about few things:
- Can the board be powered only through USB-Client connector, or does it require external power input?
- Can both USB(5V) and External(12V) be plugged in at the same time? Which takes priority?
- Do I need a power multiplexer or a similar circuit when designing my custom board with G120??
- You can use usb for power
- Yes. The power jack takes priority
- No. All you need is regulated 3.3V
Welcome to the community.
Gus, really, can’t you give us at least half an hour to get helpful community members :snooty:
@ Reinhard Ostermeier - not sure I understand what you need.
He was just saying that you answered the question too fast, not allowing the community to answer. a compliment by scolding.
@ Mike - Yep, that was my Intention
Ok, thanks for that
I have another question, the crystal on the Cobra is 32kHz, is that a correct value, also is it really required??
I’m having a problem finding a solderable package for that value.
@ Darko - The G120’s main processor datasheet does not indicate that a 32k crystal is necessary for normal operation of the processor. However, it will be needed if you want to utilize the RTC feature of the G120.