Future of Medusa?

Yep, the Medusa familiy is in an unknown state, can I please have a forward looking statement about the plans for the interesting boards that GHI have spent so many hours working on…

Looks like arduino may not be the best route for gadgeteer but the code developed is portable and we have few ideas for the future.

3 Likes

The code written for Medusa is actually really good. I wish most other Arduino libraries had such well written code.

I cannot understand why Medusa never took off. Maybe if someone took the time to create lots of working examples that used all kinds of different modules and the documentation was properly done, then it would have made a big difference.

The price of the mini isreally good It has excellent power consumption and perfectl for small projects. I still use mine all the time and will continue to do so.

2 Likes

Exactly my thinking…

Unfortunately, the world doesn’t always think rationally… Usually it’s quite opposite…

There is a problem with Medusa Mini socket 2. I won’t work with Button or Temp-Humidity modules, possibly others. Support has confirmed this. Very unfortunate as there are so few sockets.
Also, improved documentation for adapting the Gadgeteer commands would be helpful for us noobs.

Noob or not, good documentation is a must - even this “old timer” had trouble figuring out how to use the provided libraries for several of the modules.

I use Medusa Mini with following configuration:
Socket 1: N18 Display
Socket 2: Nothing
Socket 3: Temp& Humidity + 3 Buttons (Split off the Gadgeteer cable)
Socket 4: RS485 or Serial-SP for programming
This configuration works without any problems.

You have to be aware of the fact, that some pins are shared over multiple sockets:
For example:
Socket 2 Pin 4 is the same as Socket 4 pin 4
Socket 2 Pin 5 is the same as Socket 4 pin 5
And Socket 3 pin 7 is not connected at all

Yikes! Thanks Reinhard Ostermeier. I should have looked at the schematic more carefully.
So many emails back & forth with Support …