Frontline security

Yes sir. You can’t be 100%. It is a matter of how difficult it is. It is a matter of how much it costs to reverse engineer something and steal its IP vs making it.

let me explain what @darko think i have similiar situation of scenario

• i created some services with G30 “i used those because of cheap prices” , and delivered to client (but clients stopped to use our services , and refuse to return those cheap boards to us)

• in this case delivered cheap boards - i want to make unusable for other purpose except for what is delivered (like forever read only).

• services on service side also was disable for those boards but it can be later enable if clients renew our services.

• i do not want to hunt clients for those cheap boards but i want to disable to them to sell/reprogram change those board ability except for what those was delivered - because those are programmed manually each of boards and each of them have inside some magic code …"

so this is purpose (returned or no , not be able to use more , except for what is delivered at time)

Almost exactly, but not necessarily disable them over the air. (that would require a modem)
Just make sure they couldn’t be used for anything else.

But in any case its not a big issue, as long as the App is protected its fine.

Everyone should remember that Sky Net was created from stolen computer boards that were reprogrammed to take over the world. :worried:

In that case, valon, what you would have is a case of stolen property; a criminal offence (in more jurisdictions). Let the police find them.

Also, if medical equipment is tampered with in such a way as to cause death or injury then that’s a criminal case. As long as you can show that it every reasonable effort was made then the manufacturer is in the clear. However, if the person was exploiting a flaw in your system (see Therac-25 - Wikipedia) then it can be claimed that the manufacturer should have known / done better).

• my device are not medicine ones (G30 - STM32F401…) but more are telemetric based (via SIM 900 or WIFI ESP8266).

• price is low for my devices (it was about 25 - 35 usd), because those devices depend on services (MQTT/WEBAPI) and services cost monthly (this is a reason why i delivered to customers without any extra price) to them in my case (but all i want is make them read only no more firmware upload/change or what ever just to use or sent in thrash if services model changed)…