Forget Pyxis!

Because I got an email about it I wanted to reiterate you do not have to use the Game Slate Maker in order to create a game, it’s just a tool that you [italic]can[/italic] use if you want to. I’m developing the Maker IDE to help people who might not be strong programmers or who’s game can fit nicely into a category like RPG develop a game quickly.

If you want to create a game from the ground-up using just the engine you can do that too ;D

Watch Game Slate play SMB 1-1 complete with collision detection, running, jumping, scrolling.

Super!

Cool!

I still want to see some code…I am curious of how much the engine is doing and how much code I need ot write

Like a spoon in the matrix [italic]there is no code.[/italic] :wink:

Remember that video showing you how to make a brick breaker? Same thing here only more options inside the IDE. Things like: gravity, speed, effects (used to double speed during run), health, lives, etc.

I like it. Can your engine work with an another platform such as Iphone, mobile (without C#)?

So I’ve dove into making Game Slate a more universal device with on-the-fly driver loading and all that good stuff. One day in I can already say forget about Pyxis because this new software blows it out of the water.

My test app right now is running a revamped Pyxis 2 desktop with antialiased text, icons, and oh yeah, I’m using the mouse! You have no idea how fun it is watching a mouse pointer zip around the screen on my Cobra like it was a regular desktop. Clicky-clicky.

A new OS with built in game engine!

That and more :smiley:

The new software just might be as far ahead for Pyxis 2 as the change from Arduino to .NET was. I’ve got a whole new line of controls setup. There a no longer any screens inside of the Kernel making updates easier. USB support is dramatically expanded.

And the on-the-fly hardware loading alone really sets this new project apart. I hope everyone that donated to Game Slate is ready for the Beta Group to start because you can run this with all sorts of goodies. Touch Screen, Keyboard, Mouse, PS3 controller, Game Slate hardware, list just keeps going.

Give me a few days and I’ll have a video up that is sure to wow.

Here’s a look at the new home screen. Don’t forget to notice the mouse cursor :wink:

As always if you guys have any feedback/suggestions I love to hear them.

Nice!