Follow up on my request for a Fez Panda II enclosure

Hi Everyone,

Recently I posted a topic requesting a source for an enclosure for the Fez Panda II. I was pointed to a nice sled, however my attempts to modify the sled to include the touch lcd and to create a complete enclosure weren’t so great.

So I did the next best thing, I paid someone to design them for me. I had found http://builttospecstore.storenvy.com/products/301031-beaglebone-with-dvi-cape-enclosure for the BeagleBone and decided that is what I want for the Panda II. Thankfully Craig @ Built to Spec was up for the idea and he will be adding both the sled and the complete enclosure to his store shortly.

I have attached some images, two of the sled and one of the complete enclosure. He will be adding labels but other than that these are the design’s I okay’d. I am psyched, hope these efforts can help some of you guys out as well.

David Beauchamp

Very nice! I particularly like the clear enclosure.

He is going to be listing them in both clear & black I believe.

I forgot to mention in the original post that you can put the enclosure together without the top on if you wanted for easy access to the pins. Figured it was worth mentioning :smiley:

David

Something similar would be a great for the upcoming Cerbduino board, with tweaks of course. GHI bought a laser cutter for this kind of stuff, but we have yet to see anything cut. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge…

Nice enclosure!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know he added the sled & the enclosure to his store:

Sled: Buy and sell on the world's most socially driven marketplace | Storenvy

Enclosure: Buy and sell on the world's most socially driven marketplace | Storenvy

You can find the links to Thingverse there as well.

Cheers!
David

looking good