First Day of Winter

Pretty COOL! Or would that be Pretty HOT?

https://twitter.com/YellowstoneNPS/status/811579812586229760/video/1

Chicago is currently one of the coldest spots on the planet and is even colder than Mars. According to NASA, the current temperature on Mars is minus 2 degrees. Chicago was minus 6 degrees with a wind chill of minus 20 degrees as of 9 a.m. Monday.

2 Likes

@ willgeorge - I love living where the air hurts to breath…We currently have a heat wave; it’s almost 30F!

1 Like

Yesterday was 89F here. A beautiful, beautiful day.

My family and I went to the beach after work for a couple hours (Sunset wasnt until 9:11PM)

It was windy and there was a severe cross current, so my legs and back and arms are all sore this morning from all the effort just to stay in relatively the same spot while swimming. Macallum surfed on his boogie board until the current made him too tired too.

I took some gopro footage, but it is all boring, lol.

1 Like

@ mtylerjr - new year’s eve in the summer, sound very weird to me but would love to try it one day.

@ Gus, it’s all I’ve ever known. It’s weird to think of anything else! The fireworks displays scheduled @ 9pm for kids, are barely in the dark !

1 Like

@ Gus -

It’s weird for me still!

What’s even weirder is my birthday (Dec 23rd, tomorrow!) is now on essentially the longest, sunniest day of the year, instead of the shortest, darkest day of the year that it always was, growing up.

Kiwis change all the winter words to Christmas songs anyway:

3 Likes

@ mtylerjr - Hey! We share a birthday.

Then Happy Birthday for tomorrow to mtylerjr and Suitable1 !!!

2 Likes

What @ Brett said!

1 Like