Fez Touch LCD on Panda II

Hello,

I’m trying to get the sample code from [url]http://code.tinyclr.com/project/363/fez-touch-driver-ver-22/[/url] to work. When I run it, the display starts up as all white, but nothing gets drawn on it, it just stays white. After a timeout, the display dims, and after another timeout it turns off. When I touch it, it comes back to life.

I tried modifying FEZTouch.ClearScreen() to draw different colors, but the display never does anything except turn on and the brightness changes as mentioned.

I’m new to this platform (been doing .NET since 2003 however). How do I go about debugging this?

Device capabilities follow. I downloaded the SDK and updated firmware today. Thanks for the help!

Pinging... TinyCLR
HalSystemInfo.halVersion:               
HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo:            
HalSystemInfo.oemCode:                  0
HalSystemInfo.modelCode:                0
HalSystemInfo.skuCode:                  0
HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber:       
HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber:       
ClrInfo.clrVersion:                     4.1.2821.0
ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo:                  Microsoft Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rig
ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion:         4.1.2821.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion:    4.1.7.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: GHI Electronics, LLC
SoftwareVersion.BuildDate:              Sep 28 2011
SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion:        410561
FloatingPoint:                          True
SourceLevelDebugging:                   True
ThreadCreateEx:                         True
LCD.Width:                              0
LCD.Height:                             0
LCD.BitsPerPixel:                       0
AppDomains:                             True
ExceptionFilters:                       True
IncrementalDeployment:                  True
SoftReboot:                             True
Profiling:                              False
ProfilingAllocations:                   False
ProfilingCalls:                         False
IsUnknown:                              False

Try to step in code using F10. Do you get any exceptions?

Also look for example code on this site. There’s plenty of it. Why you would be uing ClearScreen() to change colors? Positng your code (with tags so it’s easy to read here) will help us figure out what’s going on.

I’m running the exact sample code that I linked to, FEZ Touch 2.2 example, unmodified. The display brightness works and touch works. I was modifying the ClearScreen() color to try and isolate the problem with why drawing isn’t working.

When I step through the code with a debugger, InitGraphics() makes the screen turn on, but DisplayGraphics() does nothing on the device. No exceptions are thrown.

Please contact GHI directly for further debugging and possible exchange.

How are you powering your Panda II and FEZ Touch?
Do you have any other devices or shields attached to the Panda II?

Powering over USB. I’ve eliminated all shields: it’s just the Panda II board and the display.

TCP, Did you ever get this to work?

Yes, by swapping in a different Fez Touch panel. The one I was using initially appears to be defective :frowning:

I have the same issue. I got a new Fez Panda II kit with touch and everything from GHI electronics. I am seeing a blank white screen. I am in India and had to have the trouble of clearing customs and all that. Now i think i need to replace this since this is defective. is there a easy way to correct this issue?

Are you sure you loaded the code and you ran it with no exceptions?