FEZ Spider Failure Loop

@ ianlee74 -
I added up the advertised amp consumption that I am using. It is 456 mA.

Yea. When you unplugged the USB port and proved there was no juice coming from the power supply that pretty much threw out that theory. It sounds like there could be a problem with your WiFi module but I don’t know enough about it to help you there. Gus will have to walk you through that one. Does it get hot? Can you look around it with a magnifying glass and make sure there’s no shorts or debris causing a short anywhere? Try a different cable. Obviously, something has changed.

Bob

For what it is worth my WiFi caused the same problem with my spider. I have to use a seperate power supply for mine.

I see that there is a chosen answer but I wanted to add an additional comment on the problem of the Spider / T35 keeps on resetting.

I have had this issue on my windows 7 64 bit PC (never on my 32 bit vista PC).

Every time I have had this problem (except for the WiFi power) I have always found that the GHI .NET Micro Framework USB Debugging Interface
is not loaded (trying to load) when viewing the device manager. If I move my USB cable to a different socket the GHI .NET Micro Framework USB Debugging Interface
shows up and the PC tells me that the driver has loaded.

I have no idea why this happens. In turn, I can go back to the original USB socket and the GHI .NET Micro Framework USB Debugging Interface
load OK…

Just my observations…

Hello,

I had similar problem. Just Spider, T35 and multi color led and after few minutes Spider went to restart loop. The problem was gadgeteer cable from DP module to Spider. After change, Spider works without any problem.

Next day. I just tried the recommendation to swap the Wifi and the USB Client DP cables with the Spider fully loaded with all modules. It worked fine! So I decided to try and isolate which cable was causing the problem. I replaced them one at a time with the old cables. It works fine! . It is now running with the old cables.
For now I can only assume the act of reseating the cables solved the problem. I will let it run all day to make sure the problem does not resurface. Once again, thanks to everyone for your help.
Thanks, Bob

Great! It may have been reseating the cables or it could be a bad solder joint on one of your sockets that is now making a [bad] connection again. I would look over all your socket joints with a magnifying glass just to be sure.

@ ianlee74 -
Excellent point, will do. This is one of those lessons that sticks with you forever. Thanks, Bob