Fez spider error

Hi ,

I keep getting the error that I should check my hardware. But there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong. I’m using the fez spider. the error I get after continuing is :

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at a0e00000, end a0e1383c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2
.0.0) Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11’ (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands…

The program ‘[7] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

really need help with this. I did everything I could think of

I found the problem, Looks like Glide isn’t working with Gadgeteer ?

It should:

http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/349

Thanx for the reply Architect. Could it be that I should build Glide under the 4.2 framework

@ Donnovan - Have you compiled Glide to 4.2 if you are using 4.2 on your Spider?

yes

:slight_smile: thnax guys. Kwik response, it works

It is actually Kiwik response. :smiley:

@ Architect - lol

I am new to this platform but not to .net. I am seeing exactly the same error when I was trying to deploy my first program:

using System;
using Microsoft.SPOT;

namespace MFConsoleApplication1
{
public class Program
{
public static void Main()
{
Debug.Print(“Amazing!”);
}

}

}

I verified I was able to ping to the Fez Spider and was able to (I think) successfully updated the firmware. Using the FEZ config utility, it returns the following:

TinyBooter: 4.2.10.0
Firmware: 4.2.10.1

From VS2010, my target framework is set to 4.2. I was able to run this is in emulator mode. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi MChiew, welcome to the forum

If you’re seeing exactly the same error then some part of your project would appear to be compiled for a different version (the root cause of this issue). Can you please paste the debugging output into a post here so we can see?

Can you tell us how you created this project, and what, if any, references you added? Can you also confirm what mainboard you have?

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the error:

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at a0e00000, end a0e1383c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0) Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2
.0.0) Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: MFConsoleApplication1 (1.0.0.0) Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11 (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware’ (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.Security (4.2.0.0) needs assembly ‘Microsoft.SPOT.Security.PKCS11’ (4.2.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands…

The program ‘[5] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The references for the project:

1. MIcrosoft.SPOT.Native
  2. mscorliB

In regards to how I created the project:

new -> project -> micro framework -> console application

I am using FEZ Spider.

Another thing I am curious about, do I have the correct bootloader/firmware loaded? Should these 2 be the same version number?

Thanks.

My current project is setup for 4.2. Don’t even have the 4.3 option available.

Can you provide me a link on how to create a project for spider the recommended way? I am just following the sample listed in the “First NETMF project”. Thanks.

The 4.3 option and default behaviour is only for when you use VS2012

To check what version of firmware and bootloader you should have, check the details in the readme of the SDK you have installed. For me, that’s in C:\program files (x86)\ghi electronics\GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 SDK and I’m looking in the GHI Premium NETMF v4.2 Release Notes.rtf document. According to that, you have the correct versions (Spider is based on EMX).

I don’t have a spider to walk through this. Perhaps you should first create a Gadgeteer project with a Spider in it to ensure there’s not something that it’s waiting for (like screen setup, I know there’s something there that it needs to do). So I would create a new Gadgeteer project, drag the Spider to the design surface from the toolbox if it’s not already there, and then try to deploy the code.

Brett. Thanks. Finally understand what andre.meant by the recommended way. My mistake was to create a project Microframe rather than a Gadgeter project, which won’t work with the HW. Now … moving on to understanding Glider … Thanks again

Your hardware WILL work with a standard 4.2 netmf console application, but for first initialisation it may need the Gadgeteer additional code to have successfully run.

I’d add a little more to that - Gadgeteer is a way to use specific drivers for Gadgeteer modules. If all you’re ever going to use is Gadgeteer modules, then use Gadgeteer as long as you like because you lose nothing by doing so and gain a lot in speed of code assembly (the design surface wizard).

Thanks guys. I understand. Fun to see things showing up on the screen.