FEZ Panda II Shipping!

Just got an email few minutes ago that FEZ Panda is shipping!

Can’t wait!

Congrats GHI!

Looks like mine is on his way too!

Hope it will go through Canada’s customs quite easily and fast

Mine’s on the way too…

Cheers Ian

Ahead of the predicted ship date! Nice! So how long before we can make it do tricks with a RTM’d v1.0.12 SDK?

A quick note for you guys. The firmware on this batch is the latest beta.

We will have the official release out soon.

Just ignore what I said. :frowning:

It is the current current public release firmware on these FEZ Panda II boards

Joe:

There was a picture from the German fair a few weeks ago with a shield that looks like a combination of a component and ethernet shield. Is that going to be a released product? If so, when will be be available?

I think Mike is talking about this:

http://www.tinyclr.com/images/uploads/25606_large.jpg

from this thread:

http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/1/2526/#/4/

What is the big round black thing on that board? Is that a battery holder? Or a large Cap? It looks like a Piezo buzzer, but there is another one plugged in as well. And are those several LEDs on the front edge of the board? Overall, I think we are about to take a big leap in Fezland.

[quote]There was a picture from the German fair a few weeks ago with a shield that looks like a combination of a component and ethernet shield. Is that going to be a released product? If so, when will be be available?
[/quote]
Do you mean “FEZ Connect Shield”?
We will try to get it out as soon as possible.We need some final touches.8)

It is a supper cap for the sake of the real time clock. :wink:

How long does it keep RTC running?

[quote]How long does it keep RTC running?
[/quote]

I am not sure. It is 0.22F c0nnected directly to VBAT. IBAT is 20uA. the votage is about 3.3V and minimum votage is to keed the RTC running is 2Volts.
Anyone can do the math? lol

[quote]Anyone can do the math
[/quote]
too short, I think about 4 hours

I guess it is more that. but anyway you have to keep in mind the applications you can do with this shield and see if the long off time is an issue here.
It is up to you to connect a battery instead. It really depends on the application.

Hey, I saw today that Panda II is out of stock :frowning:

Anyone has an estimated date to another Lot?

You need to be quick round here…

Cheers Ian

If you noticed, we haven’t even announced FEZ Panda II yet. We are starting slow verifying everything but there will be a lot more coming very shortly.

Yes, I did… and i also noticed that there is a date ‘15th of march’ under the ‘out of stock’ icon and what that date means?

i’m sorry to being persistent but, how much ‘very shortly’ it would be? a week, a month?

Should be a week but things do not always go as planned.