We learned that IC3 on some Pandas are getting too hot when using USB cable for power but then they are fine when using power from a power connector. We are trying to nail this down and we need your help as most users, including us, are not seeing this problem!
Here is how to test it out:
- Plug FEZ Panda to USB cable to PC. Do not connect anything else, not even power pack
- wait 5 seconds and touch IC3 quickly. Is it to hot? I mean too hot where you can’t touch it for more than very quickly. Do not burn your finger but if you can keep your second on it for one second then this is not too hot.
Now, if it was just warm then nothing else is needed from you. But if it was too hot then do this:
- Disconnect everything and wait for it cool down
- use power pack to power the FEZ Panda and IC3 will be somewhat warm but not too hot to the touch.
- send an email to ghielec@ ghie…com and tell us where you ordered it from and what is your order number. Use this title for your email please “FEZ Panda is too hot”
Thank you for your support