Fez panda 2 and webcam

Tinkr’s too big for Panda II but Spiral can manage it.

If you can convert your readings to pixel values Spiral can plot them to the screen and then convert the screen image to a bitmap. However this would take a large amount of time.

This is really a case of “right tool for the job”, Panda II is not the right tool for dealing with a webcam. Unless you don’t mind capturing about 1 image a minute and doing a lot of coding work.

but to help Tirmit we have to understand what he is trying to do or measure.

Do you have any information about the webcam you want to measure the signal from?

You seem to have now replaced the digital Webcam with an analog camera. Impossible to connect to a .NET device without an external analog to digital converter, which is also not supported in FEZ.

@ Mike - not only that but the data footprint would be so much larger compared to the processed digital data.

Not to mention the necessary ADC sampling rate.

Yes, but a Panda II does not.

At the begining, i just connected : gnd, 5v of the webcam to panda fez 2, the d- wire to a digital pin and d+ to analog pin
And than i prit values on my PC. And i think that we can create image with that.
I want just to take a photo not a video.

My webcam :

USB
Sensor CMOS
max.viseo resolution 352 x 288 pixels
max. photo resolution : 640 x 480 pixels

Sorry Tirmit, that won’t be a picture. It might be some of the USB transport level conversation that carries the picture data, but it won’t be anything you can use, the Panda won’t be able to interpret it fast enough to make anything from it either. Better start looking for a different way to do what you want - Panda just can’t cut it that way.

If you REALLY want a camera connected to a Panda, then you will have more luck with a SERIAL CAMERA, but even then you have a massive amount of data and a VERY SMALL amount of memory to buffer it into, so you’re really not going to be able to have a very complex program harvesting it.

ok,thx

if found that : Wiring the Camera | TTL Serial Camera | Adafruit Learning System
so i think, it is possible to do the same with fea panda 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, that is a SERIAL CAMERA like I mentioned.

With serial camera, you simply take the image data and pass it on directly to SD card or to display. You do not need buffering and so you do not need memory.

That was one of the goals of this camera, is that it works on small memory devices…which our driver supports.

It would be nice if you can share a complete project that shows how to do that. :wink:

I am finishing something too :wink:

Community firmware GitHub is next. Hopefully will get it started this weekend.
I have a list of different contributions across the forum and codeshare to start with.

Absolutely!
:smiley: