FEZ (not A..) & Breadboard holder + Domino project case

Look at these two things I just discovered at sparkfun ;D
Some of you might have seen them already, but for those who didn’t check it out:

FEZ (not A…) & Breadboard holder

Domino project case

What do you think?

Whoow that looks great!!
especialy the one with the breadboard holder!!:smiley:

somthing for my next order @ sparkfun (H)

I used this from adafruit:

[url]Plastic mounting plate for breadboard and Arduino - rubber feet! : ID 275 : $5.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

That’s more expensive, and I can create that myself. (using a sheet of plexi)
It looks nice though, but for $5 I will build my own :-[

What’s the point? All it does is hold the breadboard with the uC board.

I have the ada fruit one. The spark fun one looks nice may throw it in on the next order. Love having a compact prototype area to work in.

I ordered both earlier today - I’ll let you know how I like 'em once they arrive. Gotta give the SFE folks props for mentioning both the Panda and Domino in the description for the enclosure. :slight_smile:

I made mine a year ago :slight_smile:

That’s the point, Chris… :stuck_out_tongue: No need to create something, plug it in and you’re done ;D

Yeah its very good for prototyping so you can just focus in on the dev side to start out with. I just bought the prototyping breadboard shield on tinyclr.com that plugs right into the FEZ domino.

I just use my desk either in front of or behind my keyboard… Wires between the fez and breadboard keep them close :stuck_out_tongue:

True mark, but when I am working with a lot of cabling, I really want to make sure it’s all secure. I have wandering around with loose parts :smiley:

I make my project base out of foam core, doesn’t look as nice as plexiglass, but very easy to custom build. Sorry for the netduino reference (still waiting for my Panda :)), but this applies to any project.

Hi Hari
Love your foam core base. No problems with statics? Seems to be a great material for quick prototyping. I for one like to have my Arduino / FEZ mounted on something with my breadboard. Frustrating to have something stop working because of a loose wire if everything is floating around.
The prototyping shield has been mentioned but to be frank its just to tiny for prototyping, for interfacing yes but not for modest size prototype. And with the Panda coming up its rather useless.
But thanks for the link to your blog Hari, lots of fun stuff there.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for posting your blog. We both have the same blog design. (foekie.blogspot.com)
If you not have told me that it was foam I would have thought it was plexi or abs or wood or something like that.

I like it, I also like your blog. I have subscribed you via twitter.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Foekie
I had a look at your blog and came across this;

[quote]The project is making progress now. I have added the XBee component class which I have seen with the whirligig project.
This class is very neat and also checks for a line break while receiving. This way corrupted data should be history.[/quote]
I dont know if there is other projects named Whirligig with an XBee class besides mine, but if youre referring to my class its great to hear that someone found it useful. :slight_smile:

Great. I need to look at that class since I am getting some corrupted data via XBee in my current implementation (nothing fancy just plain serial)

Thanks Geir.

Terrorgen, if you havent found the post, -it’s here
(link removed)

[quote]Hi Foekie
I had a look at your blog and came across this;
The project is making progress now. I have added the XBee component class which I have seen with the whirligig project.
This class is very neat and also checks for a line break while receiving. This way corrupted data should be history.

I dont know if there is other projects named Whirligig with an XBee class besides mine, but if youre referring to my class its great to hear that someone found it useful. [/quote]

Yes Geir, I did not remember your name, so I have added your project name.
Yes, your class is very good. It was a good idea to use line breaks for sending data end.

I have had some currupt data with rosvem and the cobra too, this should fix it though.

Thanks again Geir!

Here’s the one I build for my FEZ Domino and Netduino when I was comparing them. When I ordered the Panda I built a second one for the Netduino and cleared a space for the Panda on this one.