FEZ-mini PWM and servo - SOLVED

Good day to all of you,

Ijust bought FEZ-mini and this servo from ebay: http://viewitem.eim.ebay.gr/Micro-9g-Mini-Servo-Futaba-Hitec-HS55-GWS-walkera-RC/300631717755/item

I followed the tutorial about servo’s and pwm (fist connected the servo to 5v power on the fez)
result some movment but random and not much

Then in External high power 5v (only the servo) again nothing

I used almost all the libraries in wiki and in code and i don’t know what else to do. I don’t have any spec’s of servo and i have the fez connected to a non-external-powered usb hub.

If someone has succeed doing this please tell me.

Thank you

Aren’t servos 6V?

[url]http://www.rctoys.com/pdf/hitec-servos/HIT-HS55.pdf[/url]

So it is 4.8 - 6.0v

For your information, when i got the voltage about 4.8 it was moving noisy, not as expected
and when I put more voltage then it stops…

This might be a stupid question, but when you tried the external power source, -did you remember to connect the FEZ ground to the servo power ground?

i believe i didn’t do that…

Did i burn something?

chances are you haven’t burnt something.

Plug it back into the 5v from the Fez and show that it still works as you saw before. That way we know whether there is anything that may be fundamentally wrong.

Once you get to the point where it kind of works but not really as you’d expect, then bring back the external power. As mentioned, the GNDs need to be shared between the Fez and the servo, so make sure they’re connected (before you turn power on) and then see if that improves the situation.

Also, it’d help if this doesn’t “just work”, to take a photo of how everything is connected to both the Fez and the power supply, and how Fez is powered.

Good luck, welcome to the forums and the world of Fez :slight_smile:

I put common ground in FEZmini and servo and it worked!

Thanks a lot guys, i need to learn some more electronics i think, now im just a programmer.
I will post some photos later

Thank you all
Andreas