Main Site Documentation

FEZ Mini kit: Line follower

The assembling of the FEZ mini kit is very simple and takes little time.
Programming a line follower with NETMF and C # is also simple.
I have a small movie of my first results

One problem is that the analog sensor voltage of 5 volts gain of the controller board RBX-168.
An analog input voltage is 3.3 volts maximum, so not the full range can be measured. For this I have no real solution, a voltage divider is obvious but the controller board must be modified. In my program I have the threshold value of 70% dispositions.

looks like allot of fun :slight_smile:

Looks sweet :slight_smile:
Still wanting to construct a small robot which can solve a maze using a custom algorithm I wrote for school in the past weeks :slight_smile:

Holidays holidays… only 3 working days left :wall:

@ Robert. I am also busy with a line maze robot see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF6tgFh9lKQ
The program I will soon convert to the FEZ Panda

Very cool, tweeted about it.

When do we get to see the maze solver video? :slight_smile:

This is cool. I wonder how good it is on intersections.

@ Hinnie
Looking good! It did miss some spot(s), but never the less it’s working great, good job! ;D

@ Robert, There are two types of line labyrinths: a. without loops and b. with loops

The movie of my line robot maze is a labyrinth with no loops. The program is written in C and the WinAVR is an ATmega32 processor.

a. In a labyrinth without loops when the endpoint is found immediately stop exploring the labyrinth, because there is only one path is possible.

b. In a labyrinth of loops to all branches (minus 1) to investigate the shortest path. The robot must thereby also be equipped with odometry.

I use the “flood algorithm” to determine the shortest path, it uses little memory. This works well for a loop and non labyrinth loops.In a labyrinth has no loops can be used simpler algorithm

Ah, I see. That makes sense.
I did not know you were trying to find the shortest path.

I thought you were “brute forcing” e.g. depth/breath first to determine the finish.

In a labyrinth not use loops when you examine the “left” or “right hand” rule, if it appears that you have found a dead branch that branch can elemineren. After the research do you have an array indicating which branch to choose at that node.
Loops in a maze when you try to examine as few bends as possible to drive because they take more time than straight line. You come back again later on that node.

Hi Hinnie,

I’m building my very first Robot (see picture). Using the Modified Servo (Continuous rotation)
as I posted ‘how to modified’ here,
http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=Modify_a_Spring_RC_Servo_For_Continuous_Rotation
Still in progress, and waiting for the Servo wheels.

And then I saw this video, very nice indeed. :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF6tgFh9lKQ

Here is my question,
What kind of front wheel you’re using?

Thanks

@ Sam, the robot on the labyrinth movie has no frontwheels used, but as you can see in the picture a piece of PVC pipe so that it slides across the floor.

Very nice and simple solution!
Thanks,