FEZ Lynx… Can’t live without..?

Preparing my next order list I wonder, should I order a Lynx? For which purpose could I need it? What can I do with the Lynx that I can not with e.g. a Cerbuino Bee connected to my PC?
Kind regards
Roland

It would enable you to use Visual Studio 2013 to create applictions in both C# and C++. Have a look at Will George’s Lynx S4 Winform entry in codeshare. It got me enthusiastic.
Enjoy your weekend
Harry

You can’t connect image processing to cerbuino but you can with your PC.

In applications where you have a device and a PC Software it may make more sense to use a PC than cerbuino. You will have one Software, which runs on the PC. No need for embedded Software.

Keep in mind that you can use Raspberry PI or beaglebone…or your phone and tablet!

Thank you both for your reply,
I think the example of willgeorge can be made with PC and any other FEZ Mainboard as well. Is it right that the advantage of the Lynx would be in situations where higher data rates for the transfer of the data are required? Concerning the speed of calculations on the PC there would be no striking difference if only few data are to be transferred?
Concerning Beagle Bone, Raspberry Pi and other devices, are there already driver .dlls and examples how to use? And… makes a little bit sad, the Lynx has the same price as the Raspberry Pi itself.
OK, Ill decide on Monday.

@ RoSchmi - You asked this question:

“Is it right that the advantage of the Lynx would be in situations where higher data rates for the transfer of the data are required?”

I think I asked this question a few weeks ago, and the answer I got at that time was that with the current drivers the I/O would be slower compared to an embedded application doing similar I/O.

@ jasdev -
Hi jasdev, thank you for he link. I read this thread now and one important point in the post of Gus:

[quote]Using FEZ Lynx allows you to have just one software., not firmware updates, no worries about the interconnect between 2 sets of Software.
[/quote]
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=13855
Some time ago I used the IO Warriors of Code Mercenaries for some controlling application http://www.codemercs.com/index.php?id=controller0&L=1 which were nice to use, but the Lynx with all the Gadgeteer modules to be connected will give much more capabilities