FEZ Hydracade

Thank you. Red t-moldings coming tomorrow for my table top version. :slight_smile:

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it!

@ ianlee74 - If you are interested, I have put a Hydra version of Pacman up on codeplex, this version includes some sound as well. This is still very experimental, I have a custom Music module driver that is optimized for better performance, I will still do some more on this.

Note, the Hydra project uses links to the code in the Spider project so you will need to get the full source for both and then you can open the Hydra solution. For the time being at least, I want to maintain the Spider version, though it is not tested with any of the current changes.

http://chrismcstuff.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

[quote=“taylorza”]
@ ianlee74 - If you are interested, I have put a Hydra version of Pacman up on codeplex, this version includes some sound as well. This is still very experimental, I have a custom Music module driver that is optimized for better performance, I will still do some more on this.[/quote]

Great job!

As I’m sure you know there is a sound missing (when you eat a power pellet) and the sound it makes when you eat pellets doesn’t sound original. But, a great start! THANKS!

One downside to having sound now… I realized I didn’t build in a way to adjust the volume w/o removing one of the back panels. I guess I’ll be hacking the volume knob on the computer speakers mounted in the case :smiley:

Might I suggest some changes in how your code is arranged? What if you did it like this? Then it would be easier to separate the core game engine from the games and the specific board implementations from the actual game code.

[master/dev branch]
— dotnetwarrior.NetMF (assembly)
— dotnetwarrior.NetMF.Game (assembly)
— Pacman (assembly)
— RallyX (assembly)

[Hydra branch]
— Pacman (assembly)
— RallyX (assembly)
— PacmanGame ( console app)
— RallyXGame (console app)

[Spider branch]
— Pacman (assembly)
— RallyX (assembly)
— PacmanGame ( console app)
— RallyXGame (console app)

By using branches, it’s then very easy to merge changes up from master to their specific implementations w/o having to maintain multiple versions of the core code.

We have audio now. Very sweet :slight_smile:

Finding good assets is the hard part. I actually have the intro music as well, but it did not loop well.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definately be working on the code structure this weekend.

I was debating with myself on the branching, so I would like to get some ideas from you and the rest of the members. If you look at the code right now, none of the code is duplicated, the Hydra project just links the files from the Spider project so they are 100% shared. The Hydra only has physical files for the Hydra specifics (Program.cs, AudioManager.cs etc.) and the assets. I will move the two dotnetwarrior assemblies out into a common project, I do not want them to have any board specific code they should be 100% shared accross boards.

I feeling with this approach is that I do not need to merge to keep the code accross devices in sync and the only non-linked files in the device project are the ones specific to the device. I will also share the assets out, but last night I spent the time on the music module driver optimization and setting up the Hydra project.

Your and others input would be much appreciated…

Actually, I see what you mean, I was not playing any sound at all… I thought I was playing the sound for eating the pills. I have updated the code to play sound when eating the power pill as well, but the sound is a little lame. I will need to fire up the original and check what sound is normally played when the power pill is eaten.