FEZ Hydra touch support for T35 display on 4.1

I just got a big box full of GHI toys, and I thought I’d start by getting the touchscreen working on a FEZ Hydra.

Although the display works flawlessly, the touch panel doesn’t seem to do anything?

I created this XML file:

<Glide Version="1.0.4">
  <Window Name="window" Width="320" Height="240" BackColor="dce3e7">
    <TextBox Name="textBox" X="85" Y="104" Width="150" Height="32" Alpha="255" Text="" TextAlign="Left" Font="4" FontColor="000000"/>
  </Window>
</Glide>

And wrote this code:

public partial class Program
    {
        Window window = new Window();
        TextBox text;
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            Glide.FitToScreen = true;
            window = GlideLoader.LoadWindow(Resources.GetString(Resources.StringResources.window));
            Glide.MainWindow = window;
            text = (TextBox)window.GetChildByName("textBox");
            text.TapEvent += new OnTap(text_TapEvent);
            Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
        }

void text_TapEvent(object sender)
        {
            text.Text = "Yo.";
        }

}

However, the tapEvent never fires (the text doesn’t update, and if I set a breakpoint, it never hits it).

Any suggestions?

There’s another thread on Touch and Hydra 4.2; http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7804

I’m trying to get it working on 4.1, the out-of-the-box configuration.

Is there something fishy with my code? Or is the touch panel not supported on 4.1?

I’ll flash 4.2 on it after I get things working.

You caught us at the transition point where 4.2 is not 100% yet and we do not use 4.1 anymore. Will see what we can do to test this fro you or we will need few days to get 4.2 out tested with your display.

Either way,m we will make it work so no worries :slight_smile:

No problemo. I tried to get 4.2 compiled for Hydra, but I’m still getting a lot of errors. I posted about it here:
http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=7738

But haven’t heard back from anyone.