FEZ Hydra network problem

Hello,

i have a FEZ Hydra with the newest firmware ( with Ethernet ) and a Ethernet ENC28 1.1 Module ( on Socket 3 ).

I want to use the Hydra as a small WebServer, but it doesn’t work. I can’t connect with a WebBrowser.
Now i want to check the connection with a ping from my PC. A ping to the Hydra fails.

In visual sutdio debug window now errors where reported …

currentNetworkInterface.EnableStaticIP("192.168.178.23", "255.255.0.0", "192.168.178.1");
Gadgeteer.Networking.WebServer.StartLocalServer(currentNetworkInterface.IPAddress, 80);
Gadgeteer.Networking.WebEvent xmlEventIndex = Gadgeteer.Networking.WebServer.SetupWebEvent("test.html");
xmlEventIndex.WebEventReceived += new Gadgeteer.Networking.WebEvent.ReceivedWebEventHandler(xmlEventIndex_WebEventReceived);

Additional Info: Windows 8 and VisualStudio 2010 Express / .net Micro Framework 4.2
Firewall off / Virus Scanner off

Any ideas ?

Best regards
Andreas

You say errors were report in debug window, but you have not told us what the errors said?

have you looked at this code http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/606 ?

Sorry, i have NO debug output …

If all 3 devices (the hydra, the router/switch and the PC) do not accept a netmask of 255.255.0.0, you will need to use a netmask of 255.255.255.0, and stay on the same class C sub-net (192.168.x.x). So if your computer has a local address of 192.168.1.48, then your hydra should be requesting 192.168.1.23. Is there a reason you wish to use a different class C sub-net? Using that net mask allows for up to 65,025 devices to connect to your network in total, is this needed?

Hello,

i use the code Mike posted, it works. Dynamic IP works fine. If i want set a static IP (i tried different ips and subnet masks) the internet wasn’t working.

Thanks to all.

Best Regards
Andreas