FEZ Domino

Hey I have an old project that was running on a FEZ Domino (IMHO one of the best boards) and on an old machine. I now have a new laptop that I want to setup to continue the project but I can seem to find any of the “Getting Started” documents that I originally used to setup my old machine to do the development with the FEZ Domino.

Does anyone have that documentation? are the current FEZ libraries still available so that I can work on this project or is that board dead? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-James

the board is not dead (long live USBizi !! ) but you just need to use the 4.1 framework; go to the GHI software list page, .NET Micro Framework – GHI Electronics and you need VS, the 4.2 or 4.3 SDK depending on the version of VS you decided, the current GHI SDK of choice, and then the 4.1 SDK https://www.ghielectronics.com/support/netmf/sdk/5

1 Like

Thanks Brett, I loved the FEZ chips, I am not as big of a fan of the connector boards because I like the access to the pins and I think the connector boards get in the way of the design (I am a minimalist I guess). Thanks for the info!

I have a FEZ Domino. It works with the 4.1 SDK.

I used the NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2013 R3 Package with Visual Studio 2012 Professional.

But you will have also added the GHI 4.1 SKD for legacy devices, yes? Your combination is as I outlined above… however if you didn’t install the GHI 4.1 legacy SDK then you don’t get the full Fez Domino/Panda etc enumerations and GHI 4.1 specifics