FEZ Cerebus minor issues

Hello! This’ll be my first post! I’ve got a few minor issues with a squeeky new Cerebus Mainboard (hardware v1.1). I flashed the mainboard firmware late last night, and here’s a dump of the NETMF Deployment Tool’s plugin>debug>show device info.

DeviceInfo:
HAL build info: 4.2.0.0, Copyright Oberon microsystems, Inc.
OEM Product codes (vendor, model, SKU): 255, 0, 65535
Serial Numbers (module, system):
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Solution Build Info: 4.2.1.1, Copyright (C) GHI Electronics, LLC
AppDomains:
default, id=1
Assemblies:
mscorlib,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Native,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM,4.2.0.1
Microsoft.SPOT.Net,4.2.0.0
System,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.IO,4.2.0.0
GTM.GHIElectronics.Joystick,1.0.1.0
Gadgeteer,2.42.0.0
GHI.OSHW.Hardware,4.2.1.0
System.Http,4.2.0.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Net.Security,4.2.0.0
GHIElectronics.Gadgeteer.FEZCerberus,1.0.2.0
Microsoft.SPOT.Touch,4.2.0.0
GTM.GHIElectronics.LED7R,1.0.0.0
GTM.GHIElectronics.UsbClientDP,1.0.0.0
GadgeteerApp1,1.0.0.0
System.Net.Security,4.2.0.0
System.IO,4.2.0.0

I have a fresh install of VS10 Express followed by NETMF SDK 4.2 (RTM QFE1), and the beta GHI NETMF v4.2 and Gadgeteer Package. All the installations went just fine with no issues.

So here’s the questions…

1. The UsbClient SP module isn’t available in the toolbox when initially building the graphic Program.Gadgeteer, so I’ve used the UsbClient DP instead. It seems to work fine, but I wonder if I’ve installed something incorrectly? Perhaps the SP was omitted in the GHI NETMF v4.2 package for some reason?

2. All programs generate a warning/error

“A first chance exception of type ‘System.NotSupportedException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.IO.dll
Using mainboard GHI Electronics FEZCerberus version 1.1”

The programs all run fine, but I can’t solve the reason for the warning…

Other than these little quirks, everything works great and I’m having a blast learning C#. Thanks for a great product!

Hi RCFlyAir, welcome to the forums !!!

1. the SP module is functionally the same as the DP module except it has no additional power input. So there’s no programmatic reason to need both. There hasn’t been an SP module ever in the Gadgeteer lineup that I am aware of, so you’re not missing anything :slight_smile:

2. the 4.2.1.1 update is very new (under 5 days old) so perhaps that’s something new - personally, I’ve never seen that exception, but I haven’t updated my Cerberus to the latest sdk either (and it’s not on my project list at the moment)

I am sure the team will be along sometime soon to add more content !

This issue is known and a report was opened on netmf codeplex. This came up couple days ago. Please search if you like to see it.

You can safely ignore the exception.

Thanks guys! I’m just glad to know I haven’t dorked something up…