Fez Cerbuino Bee Interrupt while deploying. Update failed!

Loader (TinyBooter) version information:
4.2.6.1 on this computer.
4.2.6.1 on this device.

The Loader (TinyBooter) is up to date. <<<

Firmware (TinyCLR) version information:
4.2.6.1 on this computer.
Firmware (TinyCLR) Version: Not available.
The device is in Loader mode.
Click on ‘Reboot CLR’ under the Advanced menu to reboot the device.

I clicked Reboot CLR then tried Firmware Updater.

It still says The device is in Loader Mode. Version 4.2.6.1 but gives the option to continue.

Device will be updated automatically! DO NOT disconnect or turn off the device!

Connecting to device…
Cerb-Family_Gadgeteer is connected
Please wait while rebooting in TinyBooter mode…
Found TinyBooter version: 4.2.6.1

Updating Firmware. Please wait…
Deploying C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\FEZ Cerb Family\Firmware\Non Ethernet\Config.hex… successful!
Deploying C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\FEZ Cerb Family\Firmware\Non Ethernet\Firmware.hex

Progress Erasing sector 0x08010000
Interrupt while deploying. Update failed!

I’ve tried plugging in a 9v battery too as suggested and it didn’t make a difference.

Hi Mike, if you are deploying the Etthernet firmware, make sure you have the ENC28 module connected - since you have a Cerbuino Bee, make sure it’s in Socket 1 when you apply the firmware update. Does that help?

I didn’t check the box for the ethernet firmware. I don’t have the ENC28 module, I was planning on communicating viaa xbee.

@ Mike11 -

Your files same with this (below)?

If so, erase completely and try again!

I think you can start from here: https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/55/loader-tinybooter-update-fez-cerberus

My created/modified date stamp is 10/23/2013 10:44AM but the rest of the information on that file is the same.

I’ve run the steps on Loading TinyBooter twice and that runs fine.
Tinybooter_4_2_6_1.dfu
37.2 KB (38,109 bytes)
10/23/2013 10:44AM

@ Mike11 -

How about if we use MFDeploy? Just a try?

I ran MFDeploy from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.2\Tools
Selected Config.hex and Firmware.hex from C:\Program Files (x86)\GHI Electronics\GHI OSHW NETMF v4.2 SDK\FEZ Cerb Family\Firmware\Non Ethernet
And received Error unable to deploy to device while erasing sector 0x08010000

@ Mike11 -

What is the operating system that you are using?

How are you connecting the Cerbuino to the PC? Of what I mean, is it through a hub? Is it through a USB 3 port? Try to switch ports, and/or to another computer if you can. There seems to be an issue with NetMF and USB 3.

Win 8.1 i5 8GB ram.
It must have been the USB 3 port. I moved it to a USB 2 port and it ran just fine.

Next issue. I plug it in and VS doesn’t recognize it.