FEZ Cerberus Tinker

I am new to Gadgeteer

I have VS2012
I installed the following.
.NET Micro Framework SDK 4.3 (RTM)
NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2013 R2 (NEW)

just got the Tinker, loaded the kit demo and here is the error I got.

The type name ‘TinyBitmap’ does not exist in the type ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Display_N18’ D:\Gadgeteer\Pong Kit Demo tinker kit\Kit Demo\Program.cs

Gadgeteer and GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_N18 shows up in References.

What am I missing?

Welcome to the forum!

Can you show the code you are trying to run?

We improved the graphics on cerb so you no longer need tiny bitmap but you can use standard bitmap. We will post an update tomorrow.

Welcome to the community.

this is the class in which it appears
This is the unmodified code on the kit Demo program.

public class Ball
{
	private const int HIT_DURATION = 75;
	private const int MAX_SPEED = 4;
	private const int MIN_SPEED = 2;
	private const int RADIUS = 9;
	private const int SIZE = Ball.RADIUS * 2 + 1;

private static Random Rng = new Random((int)DateTime.Now.Ticks);

private Display_N18.TinyBitmap Image;
	private Display_N18.TinyBitmap Clear;

private Display_N18 Display;
	private Tunes Tunes;

private int XSpeed;
	private int YSpeed;
	public int X;
	public int Y;

public Ball(Display_N18 display, Tunes tunes)
	{
		this.X = Bouncer.SCREEN_WIDTH / 2;
		this.Y = Bouncer.SCREEN_HEIGHT / 2;
		this.XSpeed = this.GenerateSpeed();
		this.YSpeed = this.GenerateSpeed();

this.Display = display;
		this.Tunes = tunes;

Bitmap bmp = new Bitmap(Ball.SIZE, Ball.SIZE);
		bmp.DrawImage(0, 0, Resources.GetBitmap(Resources.BitmapResources.Ball), 0, 0, Ball.SIZE, Ball.SIZE);
		this.Image = new Display_N18.TinyBitmap(bmp);
		this.Clear = new Display_N18.TinyBitmap(new byte[Ball.SIZE * Ball.SIZE * 2], Ball.SIZE, Ball.SIZE);
		bmp.Dispose();
	}

TinyBitmap is the problem, hear is the error

Error 1 The type name ‘TinyBitmap’ does not exist in the type ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Display_N18’ D:\Gadgeteer\Pong Kit Demo tinker kit\Kit Demo\Program.cs 148 23 Kit Demo

If I view GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_N18 in Object browser, I see some of the methods like Clear(), properties like Height, but I see nothing like Bitmap or tinybitmap.

Is there anywhere I can find examples of all of the methods for all the modules?

Hi Gus.
I will look for the update. Is it the demo program you will update?

Yes the demo needs to be updated.

Most of the modules have examples in their “Developers’ Guide”. Where is the Developers’ Guide? – The product Catalog on our web-site, is not only the pricing and general specs about the product, it also has links to technical documentation… So, on the home page of our web-site, click on Catalog, find the product/module you are interested in, click on it. You will see a Resources tab, click on it to find links to tech doc.s.

That said, I apologize that some modules are missing the Designers’ Guide, and some of them have examples that are out of date. We are actively working on addressing that.

Another great source for examples is to use the Search function at the top of the website. Search the Forum and Codeshare.

Another source (pun intended) of great information is the repository that contains the code for all the modules:

http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/

Can you send the link to Display_N18 source code?

never mind…found it.

FYI, the primary API for the N18 and graphics is the SimpleGraphicsInterface (see http://netmf.com/Gadgeteer/docs/GadgeteerCore/2.41.500/html/75761a22-53ec-a619-d200-d98875fc1510.htm ). Directly manipulated Bitmaps should be sent to the N18 via it’s Draw function. Bitmap.Flush() will not work.

Jeff, I’m not having fun.
your link opens a screen with links in the header. Nothing displays on the body.

what I really need is how to format the constructor.

this.Clear = new Display_N18.TinyBitmap(new byte[Paddle.WIDTH * Paddle.HEIGHT * 2], Paddle.WIDTH, Paddle.HEIGHT);

you can get to the driver source code via codeplex, specifically http://gadgeteer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Main/Modules/GHIElectronics/Display N18/Software/Display N18/Display_N18_42/ will get you to the area you will get most value from.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve in your statement below. Can you explain what you’re trying to do?

@ ljbuller - use compatibility mode in IE, and you’ll see the missing info.

@ ljbuller - Codeshare has been updated with a version of the demo that works with SDK "NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2013 R2. Please read the comments in Codeshare.

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/770

Thanks