FEZ and SD

Hi,

Is the SD Card working with FEZ. Trying to use a microSD from Mikroe but without luck …

I am guessing you adaptor use spi. We have this in the list but it is not available today. You could in theory build an interop yourself.

Hi Gus

yes, this is spi. but in between I can use a MIKROE to gadgeteer adaptor done by the quail team. I still have some gadgeteer boards…
I also have two others questions
1°) - I may missed this sone but is there a procedure to update the wifi firmware on the UC5550 ?. I have a Dev Board and plan to play soon with it…
2°) with the first TinyCLR release, there was firmware available for some MIKROE board and for the STM32F4 Discovery. Can I load the FEZ firmware to those board. I assume not and if it is the case, is there an example on the procedure to follow to adapt the firmware ?. This is a little unclear to me. (Desktop c# development and embedded systems are quite different :slight_smile:

Philippe

http://docs.ghielectronics.com/hardware/components/spwf04sa.html has information on updating the wifi firmware.

There is no longer an officially built firmware for those boards, though http://docs.ghielectronics.com/software/tinyclr/native/porting.html can get you started with building your own. You won’t need to make a new target at least, the same STM32F4 one can be used.

Hi John

thanks for you rresponse
I already did the Wifi firmware update on the FEZ but where do I find the H header on the UC5550 development board ?

Regarding the porting, sorry to ask such basic newbies questions, but where do i find the base STM32F4 ?

There is no header on the UC5550, instead, the pins are exposed on the connector, so they can be accessed by the dev board or breakout for example. You can find where those pins are exposed at from the pinout table on UC5550 Just find whatever pin name you need on the FEZ and match it up.

All the code needed for porting is available on the ports repo. For the STM32F4 port (and all others), it can be found under targets: TinyCLR-Ports/Targets/STM32F4xx at master · ghi-electronics/TinyCLR-Ports · GitHub

Thanks a lot, John. I will have a look at that :slight_smile: