Factory Installed Software

Just got my Chipworkx card and was running. Emphasis on was. Ran the firmware update erasing all. Is there a place to download the application that came on the card from the factory. It had usb browser, sd card browser, pong demo, etc.

I used the forum search facility to find this:

[url]GHI Electronics – Where Hardware Meets Software

Is this what you are looking for?

it is here http://wiki.tinyclr.com/index.php?title=GHI_Graphical_Demo

Note it is too old and you should consider glide http://www.ghielectronics.com/glide

Welcome to the community.

Perfect. Thank you.

I just uploaded a new version. Just one tiny change:

Removed the use of GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware.RealTimeClock.IsTimeValid because it is no longer supported and always returns false. It causes the demo application to reset the time to 12:00:00 every time the application is started and never use the time stored in the module.

It is also compiled with the latest SDK. I don’t know what would happen if the time is actually invalid, since I removed the code to initialize it. I guess I’ll have to remove the battery and maybe even reflash my ChipWorkX to try this out…

Strange today Im try setup RTc on my cobra with code:

RealTimeClock.SetTime(new DateTime(2011, 11, 01, 0, 0, 0, 0));
Utility.SetLocalTime(RealTimeClock.GetTime());

But when I call:

DateTime.Now.ToLocalTime().ToString()

I get:
01/01/1977 01:01:01
Before for example Im get:
01/01/2009 02:32:30

Im connect 470uF capacitor to VBAT pin and try again result:
01/01/2009 00:00:10 Module - SetTime(): Start
01/01/1977 01:01:01 Module - SetTime(): Finished

It seems my updated code works without a problem even if the clock is reset. I had Linux installed on my CWX and then removed the battery, waited 30 minutes, then reinstalled NetMF with the jumper trick, loaded the GraphicalDemo and it worked without any crash or exception.

Now I put the battery back and the demo doesn’t “forget” the time when restarting like it should :slight_smile:

This is how the Demo shows the current time in the Taskbar:

string hour = (DateTime.Now.Hour < 10) ? "0" + DateTime.Now.Hour.ToString() : DateTime.Now.Hour.ToString();
string minute = (DateTime.Now.Minute < 10) ? "0" + DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString() : DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString();
string second = (DateTime.Now.Second < 10) ? "0" + DateTime.Now.Second.ToString() : DateTime.Now.Second.ToString();
string pm = (DateTime.Now.Hour < 12) ? "AM" : "PM";

Do you get the correct time when running this?

Im make stupid thing(As usualy when I don’t sleep enought). Im look in config file for setting(if time is corrected) but this setting doesn’t exist because Im forget add it into config file…
Now work all ok…

Sleeping is always a good thing :slight_smile: I have to make sure I don’t forget it myself :wink: Thankfully I’m on vacation until the end of next week :smiley:

I added three new switches to Program.cs to control clock and sound:

public static bool TF12H = true; // (T)ime (F)ormat 12H? Set this to false for 24h format
public static bool BEEP = true; // Set this to false to stop the (annoying) beeping :)
public static bool SILENT = false; // Set this to true to eliminate sound (including the beep) except MP3 player on CWX

I am not sure however if setting TF12H to false will work correctly if your locale settings on Windows use 12h format. Maybe someone can try this out and let me know?

P.S. Yeah I know this is a very old program but I like to put this back on the CWX every time I finish working on it so I have something to show to visitors :slight_smile: