Exception when using camera

Hi,

I am using the Camera’s TakePicture() and StartStreamingBitmaps() methods for displaying and saving images from the camera. When used separately, they work fine. Hoever, if I call StartStreamingBitmaps() after I called TakePicture(), the following exception is thrown:

#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Webcam::StartStreaming_Internal [IP: 0000] ####
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Webcam::StartStreaming [IP: 0005] ####
    #### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Camera::StartStreamingBitmaps [IP: 007e] ####
    #### //User code ####
An exception (first chance) of type "System.Exception" has occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.dll

At this moment, the camera should not be busy, because the event handler of PictureCaptured has already been executed. I do not have a USBHostModule connected to the device. Only a SD card. If StartStreamingBitmaps() is called before the first call to TakePicture(), it succeeds.
After the exception, further calls to TakePicture() will crash, too. The following exception is thrown:

#### Exception System.Exception - 0xffffffff (1) ####
    #### Message: 
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Webcam::StartStreaming_Internal [IP: 0000] ####
    #### GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.USBH_Webcam::StartStreaming [IP: 0005] ####
    #### Gadgeteer.Modules.GHIElectronics.Camera::TakePicture [IP: 0054] ####
    #### //User Code (from timer event) ####
An exception (first chance) of type "System.Exception" has occurred in GHIElectronics.NETMF.USBHost.dll.

Both calls are executed from the same thread (the application’s main thread).
For clarification, here is a sequence of sample calls:

StartStreamingBitmaps - works
StopStreamingBitmaps - works
StartStreamingBitmaps - works
StopStreamingBitmaps - works
TakePicture - works
TakePicture - works
StartStreamingPictures - exception
StopStreamingPictures - works
TakePicture - exception

Is there anything to be paid attention to when using the two methods?

Nico

Welcome to the forum.

Haven’t tried my camera module in awhile. Have to check that. Has anybody else seen this?

I see this also…

What firmware version? What device? Example software?

Hi Gus,

sorry for the short message.

Hardware: Spider+T35
Firmware/Framework: newest

I have the same Problem like above.

Also this:
Code:

public partial class Program
    {
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            display_T35.WPFWindow.TouchDown += WPFWindow_TouchDown;
        }
        void WPFWindow_TouchDown(object sender, Microsoft.SPOT.Input.TouchEventArgs e)
        {
            throw new NotImplementedException();
        }
    }

When i run the code the display became a white background. When i touch one time all things works fine. I use 10 Spider-sets. The problems are on all systems. Allways with the newest Software/Firmware. I think in older Versions of Gadgeteer 4.2/MicroFramework 4.2 there where no problem with touch and camera events.

René

@ dutzend - Hello. I modified your code slightly so it doesn’t exit with exception after the first touch. Every time the screen is touched I get the expected output “touch event”. Can you explain what behavior you expected from your program and what you see instead?

{
        void ProgramStarted()
        {
            display_TE35.WPFWindow.TouchDown += WPFWindow_TouchDown;
        }
        {
            Debug.Print("touch event");
        }
    }

By the way, this topic should probably be on a separate thread/question in the forum.

Hi Jeff,

the current behavior is, i must touch one time to see anything on the display…

Thx dutzend

@ dutzend - In your actual code are you outputting something to the TE35 instead of throwing an exception? If so, can you post more of the code?

With this code the program starts with a white screen. After a touch i see both texts. There are no exceptions.

{
        Font _small = Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.small);

void ProgramStarted()
        {
            display_T35.SimpleGraphics.AutoRedraw = true;
            display_T35.WPFWindow.TouchDown += WPFWindow_TouchDown;
            display_T35.WPFWindow.Invalidate();

display_T35.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("XXX", _small, GT.Color.LightGray, 0, 0);
        }

{
            display_T35.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("YYY", _small, GT.Color.LightGray, 0, 20);
        }
    }

@ dutzend - see https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=8998&page=1

Thx Jeff, i use glide now!