ETA for N18 display module driver?

I looked in codeplex and didn’t see it. Any ETA on an alpha or beta driver I can help test?

We should have a driver complete in the next couple of days.

Cool - be glad to give it a go once you have something I can try.

Any updates?

Any updates?

Can’t find any example how to make this display works(

You can find a temporary posting with the driver code and sample usage code here: http://www.tinyclr.com/codeshare/entry/636

Thanks a lot! I tried your driver, but the only thing I can do is to turn on/off the backlight by calling EnableBacklight method. Drawing a picture doesn’t work. I use Hydra board with 4.2 CLR. The display color is always white.

display_N18 = new GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_N18(4);
display_N18.Initialize(4000);
display_N18.SetClippingArea(0,0,100,100);
byte picture = Resources.GetBitmap(Resources.BitmapResources.qwer).GetBitmap(); // qwer is a 102x103px bmp file.
display_N18.DrawImage(picture);

Could you please give an example of drawing a line or some other primitive?
Thanks

PS Probably something wrong with my N18 display, but I have no any other chance to check it(

The image data is incompatible with data coming back from Bitmap class. Keep in mind this is not the final driver but something we have internally for testing. You can wait about a week or two till SDK is out with final drivers or try to send some data to try to understand what teh display want. I can tell you the display is 16 bit.

Something like this should show something

//untested!
Byte [] data = new byte[10];
data[0]=0xff;
data[1]=0xff;
data[4]=0xff;
data[5]=0xff;
SetClippingArea(10,10, 20,20);
DrawImage(data);

I like to add that of course Steven may have better answer for us.

We have updated the codeshare with a more simple driver, as well as an updated usage example. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I have just tested your example and it doesn’t work( I have this(http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/425) display connected to the 4th socket of Hydra( S-type). In Viusal Studio I created GadgeteerApp and added 24-bit 100*100px bitmap file to Resources and tried your example(changed socket number to 4). Any ideas?
PS display_N18.EnableBacklight(false); works)

@ Sejay, I’m seeing similar results to you. On Hydra (Socket 4) and Cerberus (Socket 6), I get a white or black screen only, no images.

On Spider (Socket 6), I get my first image to display, but then get a black box instead of the second 100x100 image when it gets called.

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Controls;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Presentation.Media;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Touch;

using Gadgeteer.Networking;
using GT = Gadgeteer;
using GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules;

namespace N18Test
{
    public partial class Program
    {
        // This method is run when the mainboard is powered up or reset.   
        void ProgramStarted()
        {

// Use Debug.Print to show messages in Visual Studio's "Output" window during debugging.
            Debug.Print("Program Started");

GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_N18 display_N18 = new GTM.GHIElectronics.Display_N18(6);
            display_N18.Initialize(4000);
            display_N18.EnableBacklight(true);

// Usage example #1. Passing a Bitmap to the driver.
            Bitmap picture = Resources.GetBitmap(Resources.BitmapResources.N18TestImage);

display_N18.DrawBitmap(picture);

Thread.Sleep(3000);           

// Usage example #2. Passing raw bitmap information to the driver, placing it at a certain location.
            byte[] newRender = new byte[100 * 100 * 2];

picture = Resources.GetBitmap(Resources.BitmapResources.N18TestImage_100x100);

Array.Copy(newRender, picture.GetBitmap(), newRender.Length);

display_N18.DrawBitmapRawData(newRender, 0, 0, 100, 100);

// Use Debug.Print to show messages in Visual Studio's "Output" window during debugging.
            Debug.Print("Program Finished");
        }
    }
}

Images are here (since the forum won’t let me attach BMPs or ZIP for some reason):

http://stevepresley.net/Media/Default/ImageGalleries/N18TestImage.bmp

http://stevepresley.net/Media/Default/ImageGalleries/N18TestImage_100x100.bmp

Tested your pictures and code on my Hydra - white screen without any changes

See the topic of this thread.

Powered from USB by http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/330 connected to socket 2. Display is connected to socket 4

@ Sejay - Have you tried socket 3?

@ Architect - yes the same result

All problems are fixed and it is working on the Spider, we are trying to determine what is wrong with the Hydra now.

I have the same problem with my shiny new Cobra II as i’m seeing on my Hydra and Spider.

@ Steven - Do you have a new driver class that I can try?

Thanks,
Steve