Error on Display of FEZ Spider

Hi all,

When I run a C# program including “display” module of FEZ Spider, I get this error:
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll

How can I solve the problem?

Hard to say without looking at you code and what line of code throws the exception?

I attached the image of my error and the simple code of mine.

I think I just realized the source of this problem! Let me double check something.

Fro now, reset the board, and make sure all is connected and things will work fine after reset I think. As this i working fro others.

Yes, it works. thanks.

Gus, is that just pressing the reset button you mean? I have the same issue but reset does not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

Using mainboard GHIElectronics-FEZSpider version 1.0
Program Started
Event hooked
#### Exception System.NullReferenceException - CLR_E_NULL_REFERENCE (3) ####
#### Message:
#### Microsoft.SPOT.Application::OnEvent [IP: 0098] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.EventSink::ProcessEvent [IP: 0023] ####
#### Microsoft.SPOT.EventSink::EventDispatchCallback [IP: 0014] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘System.NullReferenceException’ occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.TinyCore.dll

Updated this link with more info on this issue http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/21/4373

Welcome to the community and the FEZ world!

@ Gus

I read the note you linked to.

FWIW, I have the LCD added in the designer (not later), and I get that null ref exception almost every time I try and debug unless I reset the board.

This is in the larson scanner example I posted.

Figured you might want/need that data point.

Pete

Thanks Pete, we should have a new SDK release shortly to fix all these little issues.

I assume the next SDK release will have Hydra support?

The description with reset does not really match the behavior that I am seeing. No matter if I reset I still continue to get the exceptions. I never get any picture on the screen. I added the display in the designer. All cables are correct as far as I can see.

You can manually enable the display but this is a bit more advanced. See GHI library under LCD configuration.

We will try to post an update ASAP

Im not the best to give advice but I did get these errors all the time.
I found the namespace must be the exactly the same in the program cs and the program generated cs.
You should find both of these titles in solution center.
Also make sure you start project in gadgeteer and connect all the modules yours going to use.
Then you should see “program started” in the output section of you debug screen.

I hope this helps :smiley:

Do you connect all 4 cables?

You get a NullReferenceException if you connect no cable for the touchscreen (Socket T ?)
Whenn you use “Connect all modules” in the designer it also connects the touchscreen in code

I got this Exception yesterday and i need some time to find the problem :slight_smile:

Thank’s for the tips. I checked the namespaces, and gave the cabels one more look but no luck. Think that I will wait for the framework update on this one.

Any news on when that update will be released?

We are busy with new OSH SDK now but gadgeteer is very next. Maybe 2 weeks.

Hi Gus, whats the status on the update?

This week