EMX Module - Automotive?

hi there,

Im looking for a .net micro framework module for one of our projects.
Im very interested in the emx module but i’m not sure if it is the right product.

I have some questions:

1. Is this module robustly enough to use it for embedded automotive devices (fullfills the requirements)?
  2. Does it support the .net micro framework 4.2, or is a new firmware in development?
  3. Is software developed with the FEZ Cobra 100% compatible with a EMX Module?
  4. Has the FEZ Cobra the same wide temperature range as the EMX Module? (-40ºC to +85ºC Operational)

cheers

-40 to 85 degree and connector-less for high vibration environment. So the answer is yes.

We are working on 4.2. you will eb able to update anytime you like

FEZ Cobra uses EMX module. Cobra is just a bunch of connectors around EMX. See the pictures please.

[quote]4. Has the FEZ Cobra the same wide temperature range as the EMX Module? (-40ºC to +85ºC Operational)
[/quote]
Yes if not display. I thin the display is -20 to 70 IIRC.

sounds great. :slight_smile:

Is the Firmware of the EMX Module also open source?
Is the whole .net micro framework implemeted in the firmware, or is there an overview which parts are not implemented?

No.

EMX has a lot more than what NETMF has, not less http://www.ghielectronics.com/downloads/NETMF/Library%20Documentation/Index.html

thank you very much for the answers.

• The .NET MF 4.1 supports DPWS (Devices Profile for Web Services), do you think the EMX has enough power to communicate with a WCF Service with SSL? (It’s a .NET WCF 4.0 Service with wshttp2007binding)

• I saw that SSL is supported, but is SSL also Supported to use with a the PPP Library?

• Is the source code and especially the flash protected from beeing downloaded? (for Public/Private Key applications etc).

• I saw that there are two known Issues with encryption since October 2010: (1. SSL which certification verification can fail. 2. RSA Decrypt fails for certain input lengths). Why these bugs still not fixed?
    Are these Issues caused by the dot net micro framework 4.1 itself, or is the problem caused by the porting to EMX? Will the port of the DNMF 4.2 will be more stable?

DPWS works but not ideal sine we didn’t see a lot of users using it. I am not sure why.

SSL bugs come after we are done with 4.2

Yes you can use SSL on PPP.