EM406 GPS to Lynx

I have a GPS chip (GlobalSat EM-406) working with a Netduino Plus (version 1). It works and I’m getting data logged.

Next, I’d like to skip the NetDuino and connect the GPS (serial output) to my PC using Lynx. Unfortunately, I’m coming up a little short on resources explaining how to accomplish this.

How do I connect a serial device, like the GPS chip, to my Lynx? Is there a module to do this? How about code samples? I’d prefer C# but can use C++.

Thanks!

@ sw -

Unfortunately, I’m coming up a little short on resources explaining how to accomplish this.
(I’m always in this situation)

A bit hard to explain in a few words.

If you are using C# find/get FTD2XX_NET and the D2XX drivers from FTDI
D2XX Drivers - FTDI (A place to begin at)

I have a C# Windows Form that was using the FTDI chip Quad RS232-HS C and Quad RS232-HS B ports. (I have a bad pin (TX) on ‘C’ so I can no longer use the ‘C’ port for serial) so I am only using the ‘B’ port now.

Port C using socket 3 (IKU X) and port B using the Ext Hub

Creating the serial ports is not that hard but I find it difficult to explain in a few words…

If you want I can send you the code I am using but that would require your Email address so I can send off a Zip. I never used it, but I think there is a way to send a direct message to me in here someplace. Inbox? (I will keep it confidential)…
(I do not use Email very much)

My code is actually using two XBee S1’s and a serial user control but you could modify the code for your use. If wanted I could send the Form using the ‘C’ port.

Your call…

Added: C# Examples - FTDI

Thanks, willgeorge. I sent my email through a direct message.

I have the drivers installed and have even been able to run some of the Lynx SDK samples. I’m trying to take a few more steps and communicate with my GPS module.

Thanks,
Scott