Driver - Nordic nRF24L01+ wireless module driver

Hi Errol,
Put me down for two please … one of each …

thank you.

Jay Jay,
Two reserved, but let me first see that they work as expected… :slight_smile:

@ Gralin
Why do you use bit shifts for bit fields, ie

1 << Bits.PWR_UP

. Why not just store the shifted value inside Bits.PWR_UP? This would not use more space and it would require less cpu time.

I’ll get two as well.

Thank you…
once confirmed please let me know how to get in touch with you .

@ Architect
Done…

I’ll take one of each if you have enough.

Done…

Could I reserve two with U.FL connector?
I used in domino before, now can works with spider.
Thanks

@ Tzu Hsuan
Reserved…

@ Errol: that’s a good idea. The datasheet gives you information about bit number so it’s good to keep this information visible in the source code (e.g. it’s hard for some people to see which bit 0x80 represents). However if we store the value as 1 << 7 its easy to compare with the datasheet and looks better. Anyone want to contribute to this project and make it better?

How do we collaborate with code and the code site?

My boards just had the surface finish done… ;D

Nice boards! Wow, that’s a lot of vias.

Yeah, RF is nasty in that ground loops must be kept small. If vias, in the ground plane, is 1cm apart then it forms a loop antenna at 2.4GHz and things go nasty…

Hi Errols.
Funny how you took the www.gadgeteermodules.com i just looked it up on godady a couple maybe three weeks ago and it was available, and was thinking about getting it, then i figure hell I’m not a hardware designer and it would be a waste if i took it because i wouldn’t do much with it, then it showed up on your module, and I’m glad you snagged it… at least i know we will be seeing more modules from you.

Cheers,
Jay.

I’m open to suggestions. One way we could do this is that i can add you as and coordinator on the project and you will modify the wiki to include some info about your module (e.g. where to buy it, what’s it range etc). Also you could store your Gadgeteer driver in the same repo and use the existing nRF24L01+ driver “under the hood”. The repo already contains a Gadgeteer driver but this one could be dedicated to ransomhalls module so that each of you can use your name in the driver namespace and info. Last thing, all changes you would like to make to the core library are fine with me as long as the driver works. If you would like to discuss those changes before I would very much like that.

@ Jay Jay
I felt bad taking the web address. It feels like, no matter how many modules I sell, it should be the name of a store with LOTS more modules…

@ Gralin,
I was thinking about just changing the constants as discussed. But before that can be done some means of collaboration must be set up…

BTW: My boards shipped from the fab house. Should have it tomorrow or wednesday.

Errol,
No need to feel bad… hopefully you’ll find the time to setup a shopping cart system where others can also sell their modules… even if it means setting up links to their PayPal account.

and it is important that someone from the community took the name, at least it will be related to NETMF and not some hot shot taking advantage of traffic generated by the name… when it gets more popular.
Good luck…
Jay.

I know for me, I’d way rather pay through PayPal than have yet another place to log in and hand my credit card info. Regardless of how trustworthy PayPal is, at least it’s a single place, instead of 100 places all over the internet.

@ Gralin,

Where? :slight_smile:

Sorry about the bad photo. Only cellphone handy…

@ Errol

http://nrf24l01.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/13614

You have to checkout the code repository using SVN. If there were any team work to happen with this project we could change this to any distributed SCM (Git/Mercurial).

https://nRF24L01.svn.codeplex.com/svn

The board looks great! I guess you are very eager to test it :slight_smile: