Downgrade to 4.1 & Recover Toolbox Items

Hello,

The other day I’ve updated the firmware of my Spider mainboard to version 4.2 and tried a project on it.
Unfortunately the 4.2 version has problems with the networking layer when it comes to using DHCP so I am forced to go back to version 4.1.

I’ve installed the Optional package from the Installation Steps provided here http://www.ghielectronics.com/support/dotnet-micro-framework but my Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express Toolbox in the Gadgeteer 4.1 projects is empty.

I thought that if I install all of them I’ll be able to use the Visual Express to code both 4.1 and 4.2 version programs and deploy them to my Spider mainboard.

Was I wrong ? By how much ? What should I do to achieve that ? Is it even possible ?

Thanks

No expert on the subject but I have the same after installing 4.2…

I believe once you install GadgeteerCore.msi (from 4.2 update) it changes the Visual Studio.

I once got back to 4.1 but I had the erase all of the GHI SDK’s and as I remember I also had the uninstall and reinstall
my C# express (You do NOT loose your ‘registered Key’).
After installing the original 4.1 software I had my Toolbar items back.

Note: I used the ‘Original’ 4.1 software from GHI and I do not know if it is the same as you can download now
I used GHI NETMF v4.1 and .NET Gadgeteer Package(Feb 24 2012)
The package contents looks as in the attached image

Updates:

After poking around the Downloads section on the Ghi website I managed to find the GHI NETMF v4.1 and .NET Gadgeteer Package(Apr 23th 2012).zip at this location .NET Micro Framework – GHI Electronics

I have uninstalled everything that prevented the Setup to complete and now I’m back to “normal” :slight_smile:

I think Ghi should keep providing the links and installation steps for 4.1 also.

Thanks