Does anyone still milling their PCBs?

@ hagster -
I made my CNC machine just to do some testing while I’m building NETMF controller, but I’m pretty sure it will be able to do the job even that both , the machine and the controller are not 100% complete.

[quote=“EvoMotors”] the machine and the controller are not 100% complete.
[/quote]

You never want to complete a hobby project 100%. That last bit is just too boring compared to the shiny shiny new idea.

1 Like

@ hagster -

Boy isn’t that the truth.

You never want to complete a hobby project 100%. That last bit is just too boring compared to the shiny shiny new idea.
[/quote]

It’s sad but true.

[/quote]

It is never going to be 100% complete as hobby projects are not based on the strict requirements from the client, and we can always find something that can be improved or added.

But when I said that is not complete, I meant that besides the fact that electronics is still assembled on breadboard, both the machine and controller missing basic functionality like end-stops switches, auto level functionality and etc.

But soon this machine will try to make PCB for it self, and if that works well, I will use it to make all my PCB prototypes on it. And I will definitely add automatic solder paste dispensing functionality.

@ EvoMotors - Keep us posted. Add some photos please.

It’s in another thread about .NETMF CNC.
https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=23278&page=16#msg218504

@ EvoMotors - Thanks.