Deploy Errors After Adding Reference

I’m seeing the following error message during deployment.

------ Deploy started: Project: FEZ Panda Grove LCD, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
------ Deploy started: Project: FEZ Panda Grove LCD, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
An error has occurred: please check your hardware.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebug
Stack :
at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.Deploy() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_1\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 893
at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDeployableProjectCfg.StartDeploy>b__0() in c:\depot\current\CLIENT_V4_1\Framework\CorDebug\VsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 634
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Here’s some background information.

I have a collection of drivers that we are trying to share with coworkers. We are trying to share everything via a single .DLL file. So, our VS project is set to build the code as a class library. We are hoping that others can simply “Add Reference” to that DLL, and use the drivers.

Everything works great for me, on my PC. I can create a new project, add a reference to the DLL, and use the driver code as I would expect.

However, when other people try to do the same thing (after copying the DLL to their own PC), they run into the error shown above. I’m wondering if it has something to do with permissions/security. ???

Any ideas?

Smells like everyone needs to have *same firmware version as that which built the dll. And make sure all project references are removed and replaced after new firmware is locally installed. hth

Yeah, that was the first thing we checked. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

I’m not sure how/if this is related, but what is the .pe file for that gets generated in the LE/BE subdirectories? I tried searching around Microsoft’s NETMF site, but never really found a description of what this file is, or how it fits into the scheme of things.

The pe file is what get transferred to your FEZ Panda.
You need the same files in the output folder (including /le be) to give to your customer.
Look at GHI’s Assemblies folder on your PC. You will see the same thing.

Also try Clean Solution from Build menu and Rebuild on suspect machine.