Main Site Documentation

Definitely got a faulty Fez Hydra or SP module or both

Hej!

Anyone had a problem with their fez hydra where it will connect maybe 1 out of 40 times when using an SP module (usb to fez Hydra)? I have tried it on 5 computers with 8 different usb cables and all 10 of the connectors and it is almost always a fail.

During about 3 hours I was only able to connect and get Debug,print feedback twice. Do you guys think it is the SP module or board or both?

It is always recommended to use a powrred USB hub

Is that only the case with the hydra?

I have never had this problem with any other boards.

Do you suspect using a powered USB hub will fix the problem?

thx

Hydra should work but only if your pc does give it 500ma like USB specifications says, many don’t :slight_smile:

Hydra is 200mhz ARM9 so keep this in mind when you compare it to the other boards.

It is definitely getting power. Even when powered and connected mfdeploy could not find it…then it would then a second later gone again. I don’t have a powered USB hub…

you should try to power it through a DP module then, if you have one. Or if you have a 5v 1a power pack, splice a USB connector onto the end of it and use that with SP.

It is defintitely a hardware problem. I have tried it with 8 computers and 2 powered USB hubs. It worked 1 time. All the other times I get an error that says:

Here is the exact code I am running :frowning:

using System;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using System.Threading;
using GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware;

namespace MFConsoleApplication1
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            var myInt = new int[100000];
            var ain = new AnalogIn(AnalogIn.Pin.Ain0);
            var startTime = DateTime.Now.Ticks;

for (var i = 0; i < myInt.Length; i++)
                myInt[i] = ain.Read();

var elapsedTime = (DateTime.Now.Ticks - startTime) / (double)TimeSpan.TicksPerSecond;
            Debug.Print(elapsedTime.ToString("F2") + " s");
            Thread.Sleep(100000);

}

}
}

D’oh…

Kind of hit me that it is obviously a problem with the reference. The “it’s amazing” simple sketch runs fine on the hydra. I suppose I need to know what references I need. The latest error is:

[quote]Invalid native checksum: GHIElectronics.OSH.NETMF.Hardware 0xFCA3F12!=0xEFA246E0

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

Assembly: MFConsoleApplication1 (1.0.0.0) needs assembly ‘GHIElectronics.OSH.NETMF.Hardware’ (4.1.3.0)

Error: a3000000

The program ‘[3] Micro Framework application: Managed’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Waiting for debug commands…[/quote]

from the code:

using System;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using GHIElectronics.OSH.NETMF.Hardware;
using System.Threading;
namespace MFConsoleApplication1

{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            var myInt = new int[100000];
            var ain = new AnalogIn(AnalogIn.Pin.Ain0);
            var startTime = DateTime.Now.Ticks;

for (var i = 0; i < myInt.Length; i++)
                myInt[i] = ain.Read();

var elapsedTime = (DateTime.Now.Ticks - startTime) / (double)TimeSpan.TicksPerSecond;
            Debug.Print(elapsedTime.ToString("F2") + " s");
            Thread.Sleep(100000);

}
    }
}

It says I need assembly ‘GHIElectronics.OSH.NETMF.Hardware’ and I have this. What other references are missing. Why not just include a reference for beginners that includes all these references? The hydra has more than enough memory…

uninstall the SDKs all of them (Gadgeteer, GHI, NETMF) and reinstall them using the latest installation package Feb 24 2012 release.

Start a new project (this is important ) and your references will be set for you… Build and debug…

Jay.

Boy JayJay I feel stupid…

I had forgotten to update the firmware and now it runs perfectly.

Thanks everyone!

rob