Debuging of TinyCLR

Hi Guys,

We are trying to use Hydra board with ENC28 module in a commercial environment.
However we have faced issues with the Ethernet interface

• duplicate packets if we ping the Hydra board
  • The Ethernet interface gets down after a while.

We run the GHI release “NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2014 R1” which uses lwip 1.3.2 network stack.

I thought it will be a good test to try lwip 1.4.0 on the netmf 4.2 used in this release.

I have followed the procedure for building the firmware using arm toolchain explained in https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/130/building-your-own-customized-firmware-for-fez-hydra got some info from the lwip build in netfm 4.3 I have managed to compile my firmware with lwip 1.4.0 included.
Unfortunately I don’t have ping to the device and I don’t know how to debug it.
BTW I am very new to this framework.

I would expect that I could get the TinyCLR log thru some interface for example USB and using MFDeploy console? I tried both release and debug compilation flavor but got no way to get some useful logging. Do we have some console port as commonly used with Linux targets which can be used to dump debug information?

How can I debug my TinyCLR and particularly my lwip?

BTW it is interesting that I don’t get ping with “NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2014 R2 Beta-2” as well. Anyone having Ethernet working with this firmware beta?

Thank you.
Dimitar

@ dpenev -

[quote]
BTW it is interesting that I don’t get ping with “NETMF and Gadgeteer Package 2014 R2 Beta-2” as well. Anyone having Ethernet working with this firmware beta? [/quote]

Show us your simple code, please?

This will be a long answer. Firstly you need to disable all network code, make sure you can Ping TinyCLR.

Then add network after that.

Hi Dat,

Thanks for the answer.

|Show us your simple code, please?

Note that i don’t compile a simple application but the full TinyCLRNet firmware with modified lwip Rev 1.4.0. Ideas about the modifications I took from the NETMF 4.3
I had to adjust loopback and ENC28 Ethernet drivers to match.

| This will be a long answer. Firstly you need to disable all network code, make sure you can Ping | TinyCLR.
|
| Then add network after that.

After uploading the compiled hex files ER_FLASH and ER_CONFIG using MFDeploy I got in FEZconfig

Loader (TinyBooter) version information:
4.2.6.2 on this computer.
4.2.6.2 on this device.

The Loader (TinyBooter) is up to date. <<<

Firmware (TinyCLR) version information:
4.2.6.2 on this computer.
4.2.6.2 on this device.

The Firmware (TinyCLR) is up to date. <<<
Please wait for the device to reboot… Done.
Pinging… TinyCLR

If the answer is long probably you can point me to a document or discussion thread?

Thank you.
Dimitar