Creation - RF Pipe

I have a couple of these modules and they are awesome!

Two quick questions though:

[ol]Do both modes 2 and 3 support meshing? I basically want to be able to bring a device into the mesh without having to register it with every other device. That way I could drop another module in somewhere and it becomes a repeater etc
@ Mike how’s that research going? :wink: wanna collab on the code? I’m working on something similar and your project would reduce my workload considerably![/ol]

Thanks

[em]EDIT: learned how the numbered list syntax goes :P[/em]

@ jourdant - I have not worked on the protocol for a few weeks. I have the route discovery stuff working, but I have been thinking about how to handle the 12 byte packets. sometimes I code and one times I think. now is a thinking time. :slight_smile:

From the product description:
“It’s Immune To Noise - your data inside the wireless pipe is protected from the elements outside such as interferences like WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, cordless phones, cellular phones, all types of servo and motor noise, etc.
All things which typically stop your wireless project in its tracks, are no longer an issue.”

I’m no radio expert, but this sounds like a very grand claim. How is an over the air radio transmission immune to all forms of EMF noise?

-Danny

@ dthorpe - the data is sent in small packets with additional error correcting bytes, so it can recover from interference which corrupts a few bits.

The ECC (error correcting code) additional overhead is one of reasons the payload speed is 9600 bps.

Of course, there is no 100% guarantee.

Ok, that’s what I thought. Thanks.