CP7 pixel shifting with Fez Hydra

I am loading a Bitmap from a SD card & displaying it as a background on the CP7. As long as I draw circles, text ect, I don’t have any issues. As soon as I load in a bmp / jpeg, I get a flickering on the screen.

I loaded in a series of test patterns, (ie a series of lines, first 1 pixel apart, then 2 pixels, then 3 pixels). The vertical lines on first glance don’t show any sign of the flicker. The horizontal ones however did, with the lines 1 pixel apart showing the worst, and gradually showing less as the pixels got further apart.

The conclusion that I reached is that the bitmap is shifting up and down 1 pixel rapidly, a guestimate being 50hz?. (The vertical lines do show a slight flicker at both the top & bottom).

I tried to load in smaller images, (and different formats), and have the issue as long as I use the display image command.

If it was an LCD config issue, why does the display text or display ellipse not show the same issues?

Private Sub sdCard_SDCardMounted(sender As SDCard, SDCard As Gadgeteer.StorageDevice) Handles sdCard.SDCardMounted
            displayCP7.SimpleGraphics.DisplayText("test", Resources.GetFont(Resources.FontResources.NinaB), GT.Color.Red, 350, 250)
            imgBackground1 = SDCard.LoadBitmap("300x200.jpg", Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Jpeg)
            imgBackground2 = SDCard.LoadBitmap("300x200b.jpg", Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Jpeg)
            imgBackground3 = SDCard.LoadBitmap("300x200c.jpg", Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Jpeg)
            imgBackground4 = SDCard.LoadBitmap("300x200d.jpg", Bitmap.BitmapImageType.Jpeg)

displayCP7.SimpleGraphics.DisplayImage(imgBackground1, 0, 0)
            displayCP7.SimpleGraphics.DisplayImage(imgBackground2, 300, 0)
            displayCP7.SimpleGraphics.DisplayImage(imgBackground3, 0, 200)
            displayCP7.SimpleGraphics.DisplayImage(imgBackground4, 300, 200)

' newCard = SDCard
        End Sub 

Netmf 4.3?

Currently Netmf 4.2 I saw some references to a flicker fixes in the forums that didn’t work anymore when Upgrading, so thought I’d ask if it was a simple known issue, or that I was missing something.

I think this is fixed in 4.3 so you do not need any work around.

I upgraded to 4.3 as suggested and it fixed the problem with the flickering.

Unfortunately, now I can not get the glide handlers to work for touch / tap events.

mainMenuWindow = GlideLoader.LoadWindow(Resources.GetString(Resources.StringResources.MainMenuWindow))
            GlideTouch.Initialize()
            Dim btnPMB As UI.Button = CType(mainMenuWindow.GetChildByName("btnPMB"), GHI.Glide.UI.Button)
            AddHandler btnPMB.ReleaseEvent, AddressOf logo_ScreenPressed

I however can update the text in button, ect, I just can’t get an “on tap” event. This holds true also for being able to push the “ok” button on a message box ect.

@ michaelb - Are you still using the CP7 as your display?

John,

Yes I am still using the CP7. I can get it to raise touch events, just not glide.

Michael.

@ michaelb - Have you fed touch events into Glide as discussed on https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/67/display-cp7-module#2729