CP7 display and FezHydra - Display seems to hang

I am using Fez Hydra and a CP7 display. My deployment file size is 459416 bytes. Everything seems to be working fine except sometimes (actually lot of times), the display seems frozen. There are no events that get fired when i touch the screen anywhere. Sometimes a button that is connected to the board works and that tells me that there is some problem with the display. But sometimes even the button does not work…everything seems to be frozen. restarting the board helps but the problem comes back.

When i start debugging to see if any of my events are firing in a loop, there is no activity. The touch does not even trigger the event. Please let me know if this is a problem in 4.2 because i had a 3.5 inch display and 4.1, it all worked fine.

Power issue perhaps?

I am currently powering the board using the USB port from my PC. I will try powering it separately and see if the problem persists. Thanks.

What is the recommended power for fez hydra and cp7 display? For the 3.5 inch display i was using 9 V.

Try to use powered USB hub first.

I am using the USB Client DP 1.3

Right. Connect that module to a powered USB hub. Connect the hub to your PC.

@ srivatsan - [em]USB current is allocated in units of 100 mA up to a maximum total of 500 mA per port. Therefore a compliant bus powered hub can have no more than four downstream ports and cannot offer more than four 100 mA units of current in total to downstream devices (since the hub needs one unit for itself).[/em] --Wikipedia-- So, the powered hub will not help much running the Hydra and CP7 in most cases. Also, you may apply 7V - 30V to the USB DP Client, as well as have the USB cord plugged in safely.

[em]In contrast a self-powered hub is one that takes its power from an external power supply unit and can therefore provide full power (up to 500 mA) to every port.[/em]

Seems to be a power issue. I connected an external power supply and everything worked just fine. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Great! Glad you got it sorted out.