Contributing to the GHI Open Source projects

I’ve asked this question as an aside before without ever getting any answers. Here it is directly:

How do I contribute code to the FEZ Cerberus and Hydra repositories?

I’ve made several small bug-fixes that I have to keep applying to new GHI releases every time, and I’d just as soon see those changes integrated into the official code base. Plus I’m sure other Cerberus/Hydra users would be glad to see those improvements as well.

I don’t want to mess with codeshare, and I don’t want to have to write up a forum post every time I fix a bug, hoping that someone adds it into the repository.

please post the bug report here and what you did to fix and will take care of the rest.

Also, the community has talked about making a “community firmware” where you and others can change/fix as necessary. Many are interested but no one has taken the lead yet. Maybe you can start this.

@ jay - What environment do you use to build the firmware?

[quote=“Gus”]please post the bug report here and what you did to fix and will take care of the rest.

Also, the community has talked about making a “community firmware” where you and others can change/fix as necessary. Many are interested but no one has taken the lead yet. Maybe you can start this.[/quote]
Sounds like a plan. I need to figure out a good way of organizing my source tree. My problem is that although I’ve made a lot of bug fixes and feature additions to the STM32F4 port, I’ve also made pretty substantial changes to core NETMF components which break compatibility with other solutions and the NETMF SDK as well. So those need to be in two separate repositories.

Does GHI pull from the NETMF_for_STM32 codeplex? Maybe I should just fork that?

MDK with Eclipse CDT/uVision as an IDE, and a Segger J-Link adapter for debugging.

GHI has stated that they’re not really interesting in pulling in community-supplied improvements/features to the firmware (as they prioritize stability), but I’m sure they’d take bug fixes. That’s why (along with GCC and 4.3 compatibility) the community firmware was proposed.