CONTEST: Where in the world was Mike?

It’s the Etna Volcano.

Similar pictures:
36,193 Etna Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock (Mike, I think it is the same angle as your picture).
La terra trema sull'Etna: paura in Sicilia
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T_IUH7VV7ik/T-xA_5hjWpI/AAAAAAABOMk/NKpCuMjVerA/s1600/etna3.jpg

Is this the Etna in the background? Sicilië Italy?

@ allex4project - your meant to keep the answer to yourself - assuming your correct that is…

I have only received three email entries for the contest and only one correct answer.

@ Justin - thanks; my bad.

Sorry everyone for my previous post, I didn’t read too carefully the first post; just noticed the title and the picture.

Maybe for the playstation generation you need a txt option.

Regardless - come on people email aint that hard and it’s a very generous offer from Mike…

Pull finger

I put a volcano in my backyard so that I wouldn’t have to cut the grass anymore, seems they did the same.

Well…now that allex4project gave it away are you still taking entries? :wink:

You can use his answer as one of your three entries…

The winner will be randomly selected from all of the correct entries.

There have been five correct entries. I was hoping for a lot more participation. So, how about a few clues/hints?

Read my profile at http://www.tinyclr.com/forum/topic?id=9951. There might be a clue to help determine the country of the picture, which I visit often.

Look at the ground covering in the contest picture, and maybe the background. That might give you a clue as to the type of location.

With a idea as to the host country, and the type of geographic entity at the location, you can use you three guess to determine the exact location of the picture.

Or you could do it the easy way.

Google Earth is a cool way to verify your guesses. Lots of pictures as well.

If I win the context, my eyes squint on the CP7 touch panel… :-|||

There are less than 72 hours left to enter.

The winner will be randomly be selected soon after 00:00 UTC on December 26, 2012.

At the present time there are seven correct entries.

I think everyone was able to determine that the picture was taken on a volcano. But which one?

To encourage participation, one final clue…

What is the highest volcano in Europe?

Ok… time to make this contest a little more interesting!

I am adding a EMX Development system to the prize pool. http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/129

The first place winner will have his or her choice of the $100 coupon or the development system. The runner
up will get the prize that the winner did not choose.

At the present time there are 8 correct entries.

Final hint… The correct answer was posted early in this thread, and Justin told the poster to keep it a secret.

I think there have not been a lot of entries because only a few of our members believe in Santa Claus.

In with a late entry… thanks for the fun.

With this many hints I think you can safely rename the thread from contest to lottery :wink:

you think? :slight_smile:

I believe in Santa!! But I also believe other forum members could use it a lot more than me. :slight_smile:

Only eight hours left. There are twelve correct entries. So far…

The winners will be posted tomorrow morning around 10AM Eastern US time.

The winners are…

First Choice of prize… Valentin(Architect)
Runner up… David (dft277)

The results are very interesting. Valentin is the most prolific person on the forum, and David has the minimum number
of posts required to enter the contest. Both ends of the spectrum. :slight_smile:

I will be contacting the winners momentarily.

Congratulations!