Constant deploy issues

I have had this issue as long as I can remember, but for whatever the reason I haven’t really ever though to speak up about it.

Basically, every time I deploy to my Domino there is always some issue. The most common issue is that VS will not be able to reboot the Domino – I have to manually reset it. Other times, the debugger will fail for various other reasons. Sometimes it just says there is an issue with my hardware.

This happens CONSTANTLY and it’s only now that it has really gotten on my nerves.

Chris Walker pointed out that the reason why this is happening might be due to the fact that I have a high end computer that is jumping against some timeout. For the record, I have these issues with my Netduinos too, and deploying from my slower computers works fine.

Hey Chris

What are the specs of your computer. I have seen this happen a few times and resetting the board helped.

My Specs are : Asus P6T Mobo / Core i7 920 / 12GB HDD / 1TB x2 RAID / GTX 260 / Windows 7 64 bit

I think ti is because you have a program on your device that is keeping it too busy to connect to VS.

Try this, make a simple blink LED example. Do you ever have problem deploying it over and over?

Interesting… My specs are very similar

P6T / i7 / 320Gb hdd (all my storage is on NAS, heh) / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Also, Gus, the program on the USBizi is in in Thread.Sleep when I try to deploy to it. That shouldn’t keep it busy, correct?

I am having the same. Cobra is fine, rhino is fine but the domino almost always causes troubles…

Computer specs? ^^^^

Rhino and Domino haver the exact same processor/firmware so how is that possible?!

AMD turion x2
Windows 7 professional 32 bits
Visual studio 2010 ultimate
Storage 250gb internal

Like Foekie, I don’t have these issues quite as severe with the rest of my NETMF dev boards, only the Domino is that bad. That’s not to say I don’t have them at all, though.

Well with domino it’s like 8 out of 10 times or so, the rest has this around 1 out of 100 or so :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm. My spec could have been stolen directly from Rajesh. Guess I might need a downgrade if I’m going to buy a Domino.

Wonder if it has something to do with the P6T we all seem to be using…

I’m on a Dell Vostro
32bit Vista Ultimate SP2
Intel Quad CPU Q6600

And I have the same issue. It’s almost getting to be second nature to hit the reset on deploy.

I have this issue too, pressing the reset button the domino after pressing run/deploy in VS seems to fix the issue 90% of the time. I’m using an ABit motherboard at the moment i believe. I’ve had the same issue in my Dell Precision M4500 as well.

I also have this issue.

Sometimes it gives a hardware error.

Sometimes it gets stuck at “Preparing to deploy”…

Hitting the reset button on my panda isn’t so easy as it is hidden under a shield… :frowning:

Thanks,
Errol

Does panda have this error too?
I am also hitting the reset button on deploy. This works 90% of the time.

Well, it seems like this issue likes to occur in high end computers. Anyone have these issues with something lower end?

I bet the majority (if not all of us) have fast systems at home. We are all obviously tech junkies or we wouldn’t be here. ;D

-Eric

Yeah, I know. A lot of the people here are software engineers == high end equipment.

I use my “old” Inspiron 6000 to do deploys in the field, and I have never had any deploy issues with it. It’s rocking a 1.5Ghz Pentium M. The only thing is that I do far more deploys from my desktop, so this may not be a very good comparative statement.