Connecting WIZ810MJ starter kit to FEZ

When i was buying 810 module i new that it has a 2,00 mm pitch but this was the only module available. Official polish Wiznet ditributor’s catalog is very limited. Buying a shield is two times more expensive so i prefere a raw module. Gonna try to talk to the distributor to add the other module to his catalog. Is there any significant difference between 811 and 812 i should know about ?

Download Datasheet version 1.1
On page 6 there is a comparison of 811 vs. 812.
Not much difference, mostly some changes in the LED blinking etc.

yes, there is little practical difference between the 811 and 812. I went with 812 since at that stage I “thought” they were a more modern revision but really they’re almost equivalent and you’ll never see the difference unless you want to get fancy with your LED placements.

What was the final pinout that did the trick? A bit tricky to tell from the pic :wink: Doing the same thing with a Domino and Wiz811mj now. Do I need a pull-up resistor on Di10 (SPI Select Slave, SCS below)?

Based on the pinout diagram shown above, I’ve got:

RESET - Di9
SCS - Di10
MOSI - Di11
MISO - Di12
SCLK - Di13

and also GND/3V3

Below is the schematics. I am very proud of my mspaint skills :wink:

You should be. Thanks very much. Is that an 810 pinout? Looks different than the 811.

Yes this topic was about WIZ810MJ. The only difference between 810 and 811 is that in 811 you don’t have to pull-up the SPI_EN pin (since there is none). The rest is the same (only pinout is different).