Compress and image into a smaller area. Is this possible?

I am trying to make a flip style clock and need to compress a bitmap into an image to give the impression of a flap falling as it changes. The compression only needs to happen in the vertical as I am not worried about the aspect changing as the flip falls, if you know what I mean. The width will remain as per the original.

Is there a DrawImage option to do this?

No, but you can use multiple images to make it happen.

I remember there is scale but it is but very fast. You can pre generate the images and then show in a sequence. But you can also just do that externally and have multiple images.

1 Like

Multiple images would create a lot of work and a lot of images. I could create them at startup, using a slow process. I’ll check it out.

Meanwhile, here is what I have so far. The flip images were created with Claude AI as well as the SITcore flip animation code. Pretty impressive but took a few revisions to fix a bunch of memory leaks.

The hardware is based on the SCM20260D modules. The LCD is high brightness modules from Newhaven Display and are 1024x600. There are 3 in total and interconnected via CAN bus. The display on the right has WiFi and Lora and also connects to my weather station for local data and Open Weather for the forecast. The PM2.5 is via Lora from a sensor in my garden.

The LED bezels are aluminium anodised red and the front panel is also aluminium anodised in champagne. The main body is ABS. All mechanical parts were made by JLC PCB.

I am adding additional displays and currently adding a Nixie (Claude created them) and a blue glowing seven segment display.

Here is the early version of the Nixie displays. Still refining this to add the wire frames of unlit digits.

5 Likes

Oh wow this is pretty sweet!

Hey Gus, Claude was able to use a Stretch.Fill to create the flip on the clock. It looks the business now.

YouTube Video Of Flip

2 Likes

I love it very much

Congratulations on the update. I was able to load the original TINYclr 2.x source and using NuGet, do an upgrade and make some minor changes to one function, and it all just worked.

I am enjoying coming back to SITcore, albeit for home projects but some day I hope to be back doing this for commercial work again.

2 Likes

We still owe you the virtual keyboard. I remember you asked about it a few times before. We’ll look into it soon, hopefully within the next few days.

2 Likes