Component suggestion - Audio out module

When the new firmware is released we will have a easy method of producing audio output. It would really be convenient to have a component with either a built in speaker and volume control. Or one with a standard audio jack. Either a 3.5mm TRS jack or a RCA connector would do just fine.

I have experimented with the alligator clip to a small amp that I use with my iPod, but when connected I could not communicate with my Domino. I’m guessing I was putting too much load on the analog out pin and I certainly don’t want to do that.

Thanks!

Hi Eric

I dont think that connecting an amplifier will be a problem. Check if you are shorting something with the alligator clip.

HTH.

Connecting the alligator clip will not “block” your domino. Probably you have made a short (or a infinite loop?) somewhere?

Try to get a 3.5 mm jack female. Then you can connect things more easily.

I would use any AMP kit fro any website and then buy a JST cable from this website… solder the cable on the kit and you are good to go. This is what we did for our demo.

It was the AMP I was using. Switching to a little $15 mono AMP I bought at Radio Shack and I’m not seeing the issue anymore.

Still think it would be a nice component.

-Eric

I wouldn’t mind a similar component, but I could just solder the kind of thing up myself.

I used this amplifier:
[url]Maker Shed: Official store of Make: and Maker Faire since 2005

and I powered it from the 5 volts on FEZ Panda with no problems.

I ordered this $5,- one
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-digital-Amplifier-board-3W-3W-MP3-MP4-CD-DIY-/120589672648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c13b460c8[/url]
Don’t know if it will work, but hope so.