Compass module

Hello,

I’m new to developing, but have had several years experience in programming, and I wanted to try my hand at it and expand my knowledge in the process. I’m normally pretty good at fixing problems in my code by myself but this one has me baffled. I have looked though the support page and other people’s posted code for the last day and a half looking for answers. Any and all help is appreciated.

I have been getting the following error

Error 1 The type ‘Gadgeteer.Modules.Module’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Gadgeteer, Version=2.41.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. C:\Users…\GUI v0.1\Program.cs 38 28 GUI v0.1

This problem started after I added the compass module and supporting code to my all ready lengthy code (272 lines). I’m unfamiliar with C# and FEZ references and I don’t know how to trouble shoot them.

If anyone could use more information on this problem let me know what you need to know.

Current References include:

GHIElectronics.NETMF.Glide
GHIElectronics.NETMF.Hardware
GTM.Seeed.Compass
GTM.Seeed.GPS
Microsoft.SPOT.Graphics
Microsoft.SPOT.Native
mscrolib
System

A huge thanks in advance to all who help!!!

Did you install the GHI package installer and then create a project where you added the needed modules int eh designer?

Welcome to the community.

@ Vipel,

Welcome to the community!

What kind of project are you using? If you created a Gadgeteer project, you should have the necessary references already, except for the modules, and the references for those are added when you drag them onto the Gadgeteer design surface in VS.

Looks like you already have the references for the module drivers for the Compass and GPS, so I’m guessing you may be missing a reference to the Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer assembly, but if you started with a Gadgeteer project, that should’ve been included by default.

Some more information about what you’ve done so far, and what parts your connecting (i.e. - which mainboard, and which modules) would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Try adding these and their assemblies.

using GT = Gadgeteer;
using GTM = Gadgeteer.Modules;
using Gadgeteer.Modules.Seeed;

Thank you all for the quick responces, and I plan to try these out tonight when I get out of work. I’m very greatful for you help and I look forward to trying them out tonight!

@ devhammer

I’m currently using the FEZ spider, 4.3" LCD touch screen, digital compass, and the GPS. I plan on adding an SD card soon, but not yet. The program was built under a MFConsoleApplication, as I started programming before I got the boards I have now switched to a Gadgeteer program and this has resolved the issue. (The Microsoft.NET.Gadgeteer was missing which was causing the problem)

@ janlee74

You are also correct in your solution too but I forgot to add them to the list of what I already had.

Thanks all for helping me thought this problem!

@ Vipel

Glad to hear it’s working now. Good luck with your project! :slight_smile: