Community designed Gadgeteer mainboard

name it [avalon]

Cause it sounds like valon or something else? :joy:

The Crikey.

4 Likes

oh no ,
my name is meaning in Albanian vior of flag

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

in this case i mean isle of fuit (because you always do something new suprise) and this name have a lot of meaning

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well we do have a replica Excalibur sword on the wall at home… :thinking:

1 Like

And musketeer. 4, Strong and courageous, conqueror😁

2 Likes

Oh that is so sexy. Love your symmetry!

I think we should all chip in and buy Gus’s fancy pic and place machine and ship it to Justin!!!

4 Likes

This really looks impressive. And how fast are you doing these things? Amazing. As for the bord layout… do you make the dimensions conform the holeyboard metrics? Or is that not a topic for you?

I’m the worlds biggest Gadgeteer fanboy so yes all my Gadgeteer boards follow the original Gadgeteer spec of 3.2mm holes with 5mm centres.

As for Quattro the only slightly off spec for Gadgeteer is that the 5v pin is 5v with USB bit only 3.7 - 4.2v when plugged in via he battery only. I dont see this as of much of a barrier as most interesting modules are 3v3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool!

What about Ingenueer?

1 Like

If it could be a spider self powered it could be awesome !
For old modules, I’ve already ported them for TinyClr 1.0, I think it is not very difficult to port them again with TinyClr 2.0.
And with Due, it could be a fantastic eductional product.

4 Likes

@Gus_Issa @Greg_Norris - Lads, hook me up with some SC13xxx’s stat :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

What USB-C connector are you using? Seems to be missing a number of pads? :wink:

:yum:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/gct/USB4105-GF-A/11198441

2 Likes

Cheers Justin. Looks like it can be hand soldered. I like Type C but was put off by the contacts underneath that needed reflow to fit.

I get alot of connectors from these geezers

Idea: would it be helpfull if GHI would setup a Community Designed Gadgeteer modules page? Like a Gadgeteer gallery? This could combine community powers (synergy) with an easy to understand business model. Good for SITCore, good for Justin, good for all the experts that also would be interested in adding a module or board to the party. And good for customers to simply browse, select and buy. It might become a community driven ecosystem.