Cobra text console that scrolls?

From the other topic about this, I found this code:

http://code.tinyclr.com/project/195/console-class/

which works. But once the screen fills up, that’s it. I don’t see any way to clear the screen or ideally to scroll the information. Any way to either clear the contents and start writing at the top again, or to scroll the data up, as the text continues to print on the bottom line?

I’m using a Cobra with a 3.5" screen. Any ideas??

That was on the “to-do list” if there is enough interest ;D. Let me update the code. I will let you know when it is done.

Two things: 1) Thanks, that would be great! In fact, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I don’t really have a grasp on how these screens manage their viewable real estate (I’m still very much a newb with NETMF and this hardware) - but I do know my way around .NET in general, if that helps.

1. What’s odd is that this DOES scroll very occasionally, but only by a couple of lines. It seems to be if I plug the device in without debugging - about 1 out of 8 times, I will scroll a line or two. Not sure why that is.

Anyhow - thanks for your effort, it’s much appreciated!

You are welcome!

The code has been updated and should work as expected.
Here is a quick test to see “scrolling”.

namespace ChipworkXConsoleTest
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Test " + i.ToString());

Thread.Sleep(500);
            }
        }

}
}

Outstanding - works like a charm, thanks very much!!

By the way, I continue to be extremely impressed at the documentation, samples, etc that are available for GHI hardware. It’s not often that you see a vendor that just has it “dialed in” like this. This is a great dev community too - thanks again!