Cobra II Rev B - RS9110 firmware update failed: Time out

I have a Cobra II were the Wi-Fi module is locking up the system so i want to execute
WiFi.UpdateFirmware() but all i get is:

94 Sec
95 Sec
96 Sec
97 Sec
98 Sec
99 Sec
RS9110 firmware update failed: Time out
#### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::UpdateFirmware [IP: 006a] ####
A first chance exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
A first chance exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll
An unhandled exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

I have another Cobra that has no problems and if i execute WiFi.UpdateFirmware() then i get the same result:

97 Sec
98 Sec
99 Sec
RS9110 firmware update failed: Time out
#### Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::UpdateFirmware [IP: 006a] ####
An unhandled exception of type ‘GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException’ occurred in GHI.Premium.Net.dll

Testing some more this morning to see if i can around this problem:

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/forum/topic?id=15491

Somehow now 1 of my cobra’s is messed up, i can’t deploy to the device anymore.
I see it in device manager, but the cobra is not responding, it just crashed and locks up completely at the point Wi-Fi is connecting. (with code from the topic above)

Anny ideas :think:

Seems it lockes up after the join, if i unplug the router the cobra responds and i’m able to deploy. If the router is on it freezes :frowning:

This is sounding like quite an odd issue. What is the router make and model?

The router is a D-Link DSR-250N but the router will not be the problem.
After all, i did work on both Cobra’s before.

Now i have 1 that’s working and 1 that’s not working.
I flashed them both and deployed the same code to both of them…

I tried to update the firmware on the Wi-Fi module with Wifi.UpdateFirmware() but this timed out on “both” cobra’s.

Si i’m open for suggestions.

@ GHI: If there is no fix, could i return one as RMA to my supplier?

@ David@ Emrol - We will get a newly built batch of couple of Cobra II WiFi sometime tomorrow for testing. This way, we will be able to test it in a factory state.

@ David@ Emrol - Also, is this when running 4.2, 4.3 or both?

Version info:

Loader (TinyBooter) version information:
4.2.11.1 on this device.

Firmware (TinyCLR) version information:
4.2.11.2 on this device.

Are there changes in 4.3 that could have a impact?
If yes then i try my test on a clean 4.3 version first.

Changes in 4.3? :whistle:

I have the exact same issue with a Raptor, it used to work couple of days ago but now whenever wifiRS21 attached to the Raptor, either the Raptor is not recognised or the wifi module constructor throws

Exception GHI.Premium.Net.NetworkInterfaceExtensionException - 0x00000000 (1)

#### Message: 
#### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::Intialize [IP: 0009] ####
#### GHI.Premium.Net.WiFiRS9110::Open [IP: 0014] ####

firmware: 4.2.11.2.

@ David@ Emrol - 4.3 has seen a lot of improvements with networking, it is worth a shot to try.

@ Ahmed2 - Can you try with nothing in the program but the wifi constructor and can you try a different socket?

oki doki, will install the 4.3 later this week and check it out.
Anny know issues installing 4.3 on a machine that’s used to compile 4.2 live versions?

@ David@ Emrol - I’m probably missing something obvious; but, what do you mean by “live?”

Guessing that’s what you’re asking: 4.3 still lets you target 4.2

I thought he implied that this is also his “live production” build machine so he didn’t want to risk that…

Indeed Brett, but i have to it because i read in the release notes:

;D ;D ;D

Thanks GHI, 1 important problem solved on my list.